fifty six

I sat with my back against the wall

I sat with my back against the wall. I was on C Block's floor, my hands shaking slightly. 30 minutes ago, I had walked in on my husband. He coughed, and then looked up at me from where he sat. His eyes were puffy, and his face was pale.

Right then I knew, I knew something was wrong. I had rushed over, going to get a closer look. Yet, as soon as I took one step, Glenn put his hand up at me.

"Don't." He croaked out, my heart breaking slightly. His voice was strained, and he let out another cough.

"Glenn? Glenn what's going on." I question, I already had a feeling what was going on. I just didn't want to think of the worst.

"I've got it." He whispers, my eyes water as he croaks out those words. I rush out of the cell, sliding on my feet slightly. I blinked away the tears, clearing my vision.

"Hershel!" I yelled, running to the cell block that was now dedicated to the sick. Maggie ran out of her cell, stopping right in front of me.

"Kalee! Kalee what's going on!" She yelled, but I shook my head at her. I painted slightly, my heart racing.

"Where's your dad, Glenn, Glenn's got it." I tell her quickly. Her eyes widen, and she turns on her feet.

"He's still in the sick ward, come on!" She yells, and begins to run. Everyone we passed look at us. Flashes of worry and confusion were on their face. Yet Maggie and I could care less.

As soon as we made it to the sick ward, we stopped outside the room. There was a room that had been dedicated to talking to people through it. A glass was there so we wouldn't be able to breath in the sickness.

"Hershel!" Maggie and I yelled, banging on the glass. Moments later he rushed in, a worried look on his face.

"Maggie, Kalee, what's going on?" He questions, rubbing sweat from his forehead.

"It's Glenn, Glenn's got it." I pant out, looking at him. My eyes divert to two bodies standing in the door way behind him. My mouth gapes open slightly as I look at them.

"Emma? Kendall?" I question, eyes widening. They cough slightly, then walk into the room fully.

"We just got in here today, what's going on?" Emma questions, looking between Hershel, Maggie, and I. Hershel turns to them and sighs, rubbing his temple slightly.

"Girls, get a cell block ready. We have someone coming in." Hershel tells them. Emma and Kendall glance at me, then nod their heads.

"How do we get him here?" I question, not sure how to get him all the way across the prison with the state he is already in. Hershel thinks for a moment, looking down at the ground.

"We can figure it out."

---

"I'm going." I tell Daryl, taking a step towards him. I had convinced the council to send out a group of people. We needed medicine, more and more people are getting sick. Daryl shook his head, stepping forward at me as well.

"Glenn wouldn't want you to go. He would want you here where you are safe." Daryl tells me, I knew he was right. I run a hand through my hair, not sure what to do. I wanted to help get Glenn the stuff he needs, along with Emma and Kendall. Yet I knew if he found out he would kick my ass.

"Fine, but if your not back in two days i'm coming to look for you." I tell him, he thinks for a moment before nodding his head.

"Don't worry yourself, he a tough sunva bitch." He tells me, referring to Glenn. I nod my head and look down, before looking back up at him.

"You better not die out there, or else ill have to kill your already dead self." I tell him with a slight smirk. He rolls his eyes and nods his head.

"See ya." He says, and I give him a nod,

"See ya." I say, before walking away. Daryl had turned on his heels and walked back to the group. I sighed, and walked over to Rick who was by the garden. He was working on it, having a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry about your husband." He says, as I walk up.I bite my cheek and nod. I look over at Rick, who was staring at something behind me. I look at him confused, then turn around to see what it was. The fence was once again falling, I looked back at Rick who nodded his head at me.

"Lets go." He says, and begins to run over, I quickly try to catch up, heading through the gate. As we walk up, the fence was half bent over. "Help me grab this log!" He yells over the groans, and starts to pick up a log.

We quickly try our best to situate the log so it was supporting the fence. After a few minutes, we stepped away, staring at the crowd of walkers in front of us. All that separated us from the monsters was a think metal fence. I sigh, and run a hand through my now slightly sweaty hair.

"We have to get people out here on the fences, if we want the walkers to stay on the outside at least." I say to Rick, looking over at him. He nods his head at me, pinching the bridge of his nose. I look away from his, and continue to look at the walkers.

Suddenly, a few of them catch my eyes. Squinting my eyes, I look closer at the walker that was in the middle of the crowd. It had blood leaking down its face from its eyes. I turn to Rick, noticing that he hadn't seen the creatures that stood in front of us.

"Rick." I say, getting his attention immediately. He looks at me, and I point at the walkers in the crowd. He steps closer, getting a better look, but then steps away. He looks over at me, shaking his head.

"What do you think it is?" He questions, and I shrug, not sure what to say. I continue to look at the walkers, wondering what it was.

"Patrick, he had the same thing." I say, the light bulb clicking in my head. Ricks head spins at me quickly, eyes widening slightly.

"Yeah, your right." He says, nervousness coming through his voice.

-----

Hey Guys,

So I don't know what i'm going to do with this book. No one really reads it anymore, and that's the main reason why I'm writing it. So yeah, I don't really know.

-

K