twenty

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

That night we had the best meal since the CDC. It was awkward, because no one spoke. All that you could hear was forks and knives scraping the plates.

"So...does anyone know how to play guitar by any chance?" Glenn asks, trying to break the silence. "Come on... someone must." He says. No one responds, Patricia sniffles from the other side of the table,

"Otis did." She says, forcing the awkwardness in the air again. Glenn nods his head, regretting on asking.

"Yes he did, and he was very good." Hershel informs, smiling slightly at Patricia, who nodded her head. We continued to eat our meal in silence, slowly everyone left, cleaning off their plate and putting it in the sink.

"Want to go check out the barn?" Glenn asks, coming up behind me. I nod my head, and follow him out to it. As we approach, he pulls on the handle to notice its locked. We shrug and go around the side, to see a ladder going up to the hay loft. I look at him and he shrugs. "Ladies first." He says, smiling slightly. I roll my eyes jokingly and chuckle, heading up the ladder. As I enter the loft, I grab my flashlight out of my back pocket. The smell of death fills my nose.

"What the fuck is that smell." I say, putting the collar of my shirt over my nose. Glenn enters and gags at the smell, putting his collar over his nose as well. We turn on the flash lights that we had and point them around. I point mine down in the bottom of the barn, a gasp escaping my lips. Glenn turns quickly, noticing quickly what I see.

"You weren't suppose to see this." Maggie says from behind us, slightly out of breath. Glenn and I turn quickly, a horrified look on our faces.

"What the hell? Why are you keeping walkers in a barn!" I say, raising my voice. She puts her hand up and signals me to be quiet. I sigh and run my hand through my hair, and look back at the walkers.She sighs as well and turns, looking around back at our camp.

"You cant tell them. If my dad finds out he will kick you guys off this farm faster than you think." She says to us. Glenn and I look at eachother and shake our heads,

"No, we have to tell them! This is dangerous Maggie. Why are you keeping them!?" Glenn asks, looking between Maggie and the walkers. Maggie looks down,

"My dad thinks there will be a cure. He thinks him and Annette will continue right off from where they were. He thinks everyone will be happy again." She tells us. I look at her as if she is crazy, she looks up at us with tears brimming her eyes. "I hoped that as well, I mean I believe it as well, at least a little." She adds, "When you guys killed that walker in the well, that when I started to know. I don't even fully know yet but I do know that there's a chance we wont ever have normal lives again." She rants to us. She looks down again sadly, I walk over and give her a hug.

"This isn't safe, especially for our group." Glenn says to her. She lets go of me and nods her head, "We are outside, what if that door breaks open? They aren't on alert as much anymore cause they think it's safe here. We could all die because of this." He says to her, combing his hand through his hair. She nods again, wiping tears from her eyes.

"I know, and i'll talk to my dad about it." She says to us, turning around and walking out of the barn. Glenn and I look at eachother and sigh, and head down the barn ladder.

****

The next day Glenn and I walked around, and mostly did watch a few times. People were going back and forth between searching for Sophia and in the house checking on Carl. The second time Glenn and I were on watch, Lori came up to the RV.

"Can you guys go on another run for me?" She asks, Glenn looks at me to see what I think and I shrug.

"Sure, what you need?"  Glenn asks, sitting up in his chair. I put the rifle that was in my hands on the roof and stand up, looking down at Lori.

"It's a little private, there's some other things other people need on there but the thing I need has a star next to it." She tells us, holding a piece of paper. Glenn stands up, and we both head off of the RV. He takes the paper and looks at me.

"I'm ready when you are." He says to me shrugging, I nod my head signaling that I was ready as I checked to see if I had my gun. We begin to walk over to the stables, grabbing the horses from last time and saddling up.

"You have the paper?" I ask as we start to head out of the driveway, he checks his pocket before nodding his head. We continue to ride to the same road and go to the same store as last time. After we tie the horses up and check the store, Glenn pulls out the paper.He stands next to me as he reads over the list.

"Umm...Kalee?" He says,pointing at one thing on the list, 'Abortion Pills'. I look at the writing next to it, which had where to find it. I roll my eyes and scoff at Lori, who was idiotic to get knocked up during a time like this.

"You get the rest of the things, I'll go and get her stuff." I say, turning on my feet and going to the medications. Searching through, I check a few bottles, throwing in different ones. I hear footsteps behind me, and figure its Glenn coming to get me, I turn around and see a walker through the shelf, its arm extending through and grabbing my hair. A scream escapes my lips, "Glenn!" I cry, trying to get my gun, but the walkers hold on me put me in a awkward position. Glenn runs frantically over, taking a shelf and cutting the neck, causing it to let go and fall. He rushes over to me and pulls me into a hug as I cry into his shoulder at my near death experience. He continues to frantically ask me if i'm bit, but a sound distracts me as I notice the walker stand up again.

"Move." I say, and push Glenn out of the way. I stab the walker in the head, kicking it down and grabbing one last bottle of the pills. "Let's go and give the bitch her abortion pills." I say to him, walking straight out of the store.