fifty five

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

"There's a sickness." Hershel says to us. The council had decided it was time to walk about what had happened. Everyone nodded their head.

"What can we do?" Tyreese questions, everyone turns to him but no one speaks. I roll my eyes from my seat and sit forward.

"Nothing we can do. People get sick, and a lot of people were in that Cell Block. Everyone who helped cleaned up has gotten infected by it too. Any time now everyone who was in there is going to come down with something." I tell them, they all agree silently.

"So we have to be ready." Glenn adds, nodding at me. He looked slightly dazed out, but i figured it was because we had a long watch last night. I nodded my head,

"Exactly." I tell him, smiling slightly.

"Medication, we're gonna need that." Daryl adds to the conversation. Hershel nods his head, agreeing.

"Hershel wasn't there a place you wanted us to check out?" Carol questions, only to have Hershel pull a map out of his back pocket.

"It won't be easy to get too, and we can't waste that gas right now if we don't know if we need it. Only Karen and David are sick right now, who knows, maybe the rest of us are safe." He tells the group, who just nods.

"What if your wrong though? We need this medication if shit goes down." I say, looking around the room. No one says anything and I just roll my eyes. Standing up, I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Look, if shit does go down, it wont be easy. Two people are already sick, who knows how long until someone else is." I state, glancing over at Glenn who looked dazed out.

Walking out of the room, I go to see Emma who was with Carl like usual. They were sitting in Cell Block C, cleaning their guns together. As I walked up Emma looked up from her gun, giving a small smile.

"How was the jury meeting?" She asked, cracking a smile. I rolled my eyes and shrugged, sitting on the bench in front of the couple.

"As usual, just bickering back and forth." I say sighing, looking down at my hands and picking at my nails.

"Anything about Karen and David?" Kendall questioned, walking into the room. I look up at her, furrowing my eyebrows slightly as I nodded my head.

"Debating on sending a group out to this medical college to get shit, or just to wait it out and see if more people will get sick first." I say, sighing at the though of the annoying argument. Kendall nods her head understanding, then turns her attention over to the couple as she sat down.

"What time you guys have watch today?" She questions, Carl looks over at Emma, waiting for her to answer. Emma stops cleaning her gun, thinking for a moment.

"25 minutes ago i'm pretty sure." She says, looking over at the clock we had put in the cell block. No one knew if it was really that time, but we went with it. I stifled a chuckle as I looked at Carl's shocked face. He shook his head sighing, and standing up next to her.

"We can finish this at the watch tower." He says, waiting for her to follow him. I scoff slightly, earning a look from the both of them.

"You guys wont have time to finish cleaning your guns in the watch tower." I tell them, they look at me confused. I roll my eyes and stand up from my seat, heading to leave. I stop at the exit, turning my head slightly to see the two teenagers still waiting for a response. "Im saying you guys will be fucking the whole time, Jesus how stupid can you get?" I question and head out of the room. As I walk through the doors, I hear yelling come from the corner of the building. I run up quickly, hand on the gun that was on my side, not sure what to expect.

"Man, I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!" Tyreese yells at Daryl, who he had pinned against the wall. I pull my gun out and aim it at Tyreese, who just looks at me.

"What the fuck is going on? Tyreese I thought you were still at the fucking meeting?!" I yell slightly, my gun still held at him. Rick and Daryl put a hand out at me, as if trying to get me to stop doing something.

The smell of something burning makes its way into my nose, and I look over towards Rick. My eyes widen as I see two burned bodies on the ground. I look back up at Rick, who looked down slightly.

"Karen and David." He tells me, and my heart drops slightly.

"We were just talking about getting them help!" I shout slightly, only t have Rick nod. My eyes widen as I look at Rick, wondering if he did it.

"Did you-?" I go to question, but Rick shakes his head, cutting me off.

"No, no, we don't know who did it." Rick tells me, causing my eyes to widen once again.

"So we have a god damn killer walking around basically?" I ask and he nods his head. Tyreese walked over to Karen's body, dropping to his knees. Tears streamed down his face and my heart broke slightly at the sight. I look from him back to Rick, who was watching Tyreese as well.

"We need to find out who did this." Daryl says, Rick nods his head and I stand in the middle of them just looking at the burned bodies.

"No shit Daryl." I snap slightly, but look over at him with an apologetic look. He knows I didn't mean it, but he just shakes his head at me.

"I say we start lookin' for clues now." He says, stepping forward slightly. I nod my head, looking at the trail of blood that came from a door near where the bodies laid.

"Why do you think someone would do this?" Tyreese asked, still kneeling next to Karen. Rick goes to speak, but I cut him off, shaking my head.

"Do you know of anyone having a problem with Karen? Or even David? Someone having something with both of them?" Rick asked, only to have Tyreese snap at him.

"No! Karen was the sweetest person to everyone. She was kind to everyone. David, he didn't have a problem with anyone." Tyreese tells us, Daryl shakes his head not sure what to say.

"To stop the sickness from spreading." I say, looking between the three people gathered around me. Rick nods his head at me agreeing, then turns to Tyreese.

"Whoever it was, didn't want what Karen and David to spread anything." Rick says, causing Daryl and I to nod.