twelve

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

I woke up with tear stained cheeks. Looking up, I notice Glenn. I then notice we are snuggled together. I look around more, remembering what happened last night. Spilling my guts to him.

My head throbs as I sit up, I instantly grab it. Glenn's eyes pop open, he sits up slowly, doing the same.

"Good morning." He mumbles. I grunt slightly back. Rubbing my temples I look at him, who was doing the same.

Damn. Hes hot.

I snap out of my thoughts scrambling to get out of bed. He looks at me confused as I walk over to his bag of clothes.

"Well your right, I don't have any clothes without blood stains so im stealing one of yours." I shrug, he laughs slightly, only to groan at the pain.

/Emma/

I woke up in Carl's arms. I shrug out of his arms, only to wake him up. He smiles at me a pecks my lips with his own.

I smile as he does so, sitting up after wards to change.

As I enter the kitchen, I notice Shane right away. He sat at one of the seats, alone. His head in his hands, a scratch going down his neck.

I glare at him as I sit down. He looks up and then puts his head back in his hands.

Groans are heard, and we turn to see Glenn and Kalee make their way down the hall. Kalee dressed in a pair of black jeans and a 'Sal's Pizza' sweatshirt. I laugh, knowing it was Glenn's.

I turn back to see T-Dog filling everyones plates. He looked at the two most hung over people here, laughing.

"Protein. Helps the hang over." He says, "There powdered, but I make em real good." His voice filling the room.

All the hung over people grip there heads. I notice Kalee glancing at Shane, who stares at her.

"Im sor-" Shane starts only to have Kalee put her hand up, then into a middle finger. She glares at him, then going back to eating her powdered eggs.

A hand on my thigh distracts me, and I look to see Carl smiling next to me. I smile back, leaning into him and pecking his soft lips. He grabs my hand, as I rest my head on his shoulder.

/Glenn/

As we entered the kitchen, we saw Shane sat right in the middle of the table. Kalee's breath hitched in her throat, but she kept walking, take a seat towards the edge of the table. I sit next to her, as T-Dogs voice echoes in my head, causing me to groan out loud.

Shane tries to talk to Kalee, but she shuts that shit down. I laughing my head, smirking to myself.

Rick enters the room and looks between Kalee and Shane, sighing.

"Shane..." He starts, Shane starts to speak but Kalee talks over him.

"Don't even bother, you wont do anything about it no matter what happened then. Not even worth talking about, im just someone you don't even know, im not your family." She spoke. She held back a groan as her voice was the loudest in the room at that moment.

Rick just nodded and sat down, acting like nothing happened. I furrow my eyebrows, watching as Rick and Shane talk like nothing happened.

"Your really going to do nothing?" I say out loud. Rick turns to me and looks down, ashamed of himself. "He tried to rape Kalee, basically did. What if that was Lori, or Emma, or any other girl in this group?" I ranted, "Kalee is just as important, she can kill walkers, she knows when somethings wrong too. She is a big part in keeping our asses alive." I say to Rick, and everyone. Kalee puts her hand in mine, nodding her head, as if thanking me.

I smile at her, and look to Rick. He looks dumbfounded, not knowing what to do. I sigh and go back to eating my eggs.

Jenner walks in and Dale automatically starts to ask questions,

"Dr. I know its first thing in the morning, and I don't want to bombard you with questions right away-" Dale says, Jenner continues making himself a plate,

"But your going to anyway." He says, finishing Dales sentence.

"We didn't exactly come here for the powdered eggs." Kendall says. We all turn to her and nod. Jenner sighs, and walks up, while giving us a hand gesture to follow.

****

"Vi, play back TS19." Jenner says, the hesitance in his voice slightly visible.

A video of a figure pops up on the screen in front of us. We all turn to watch, lights scattering on a screen.

"Is that a-?" Andrea goes to ask, but Kalee finishes.

"A brain." She says bluntly. Everyone glances at her and nods.

Suddenly all the lights shut off in the brain. We all turn around to Jenner, confused.

"The brain shuts itself down. In other words, death occurs." He says to us, "Vi, fast forward to first result." He adds.

The brain is suddenly slightly brightened again, but only in one part. The part causes the human test subject to awaken, jaw moving. As I watch, I notice a gun like barrel in the corner of the screen, then a whole goes into the test subjects brain.

"He shot his patient." Kendall states. She looks at him, "Didn't you?"

He nods, then starts to speak about what we saw, "The infection, it shuts the brain down, causing death. As the infection spreads through the body, the last area effected is the brain. The infection only restarts the brain root, causing simple things, walking, eating, seeing. " He tells us. "But the you part? Thats gone. Whatever you were before this infection took over your body is gone. Thats the black in the brain."

I take a deep breath, rubbing my eyes.

"Man, im going to get shit faced drunk, again." Daryl says. Everyones breaths are shaky.

"One last thing..." Dale says. We turn to see what he is going to say, "Whats that clock counting down over there?"

He points to a clock on the walk, counting down from 45:00.

Jenner looks at it, "Generators run out of fuel."