twenty five

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

The next day, Daryl was up and being Daryl again. He had attempted for hours on end to leave the farm to go look for Sophia. Carol stopped him every time, in the end he snapped, calling her a bitch. She didn't mind though, for her husband had said worse. She knew Daryl wanted to find that girl almost as much as she did, maybe the same.

"We were suppose to go out an hour ago to start looking for Sophia again." Kendall says, walking over to the trucks where the people looking for Sophia met up. I nod my head agreeing with her. I look over at Glenn to see him staring at me,

"What?" I say, everyone turns to see what I said, only to see a bright red faced Glenn. I look at him and smile, walking over and giving him a kiss. "Your adorable." I say to him, as he continues to blush. Everyone looked away and started to talk about where Rick and Shane couldbe.

"I'm done fucking around." Shane yells, we all turn to see him, an hour late for the meeting. I look at him confused, 'with what?' I think to myself. Shane holds the gun of bags at his side, " We are going to fight for this. We are going to fight to stay alive." Shane says to everyone, unzipping the bag of guns. He grabs guns and starts to walk around handing them to people, he walks up to Glenn and hold a gun in front of him, "We are going to get rid of those walkers in the barn." He says loudly for everyone to hear. Glenn glances at me before taking the gun. Shane walks up to me next, "Are you ready to fight?" He asks, not directly to me,

"Are you ready to stop?" I retort. He glares at me before shoving the 22. Cassidy used to use in my hands. I push it back at him and he gives me a dirty look, I grab my own gun from its holster while still staring at him. "Keep glaring at me and i'll shove this down your throat." I spit at him, cocking my gun. He walks away before going to Emma,

"Its time we realize we have been looking for a dead girl!" He shouts, earning a gasp from Carol. Emma and Carl look at Shane, sadness crossing their faces. Daryl steps forward, getting Shane's attention.

"Nah man! I just found her doll the other day!" He shout to Shane. Shane rolls his eyes, handing a gun to T-Dog,

"Yea Daryl, you found a doll." Shane says, annoyance coming through his voice. "We did the searching in the first 48 hours, its different from when the world wasn't shit! Hell this time we had less than an hour to find her, still having to hope she didn't get bit. How long has it been? A week? She is gone." Shane spits to everyone. Carol cries silently, and Daryl looks at him shocked and angered.

"What are you people doing?" Maggie asks, shocked at all the guns suddenly. I look at her mouthing a sorry, she nods her head and furrows her eyebrows while looking at Shane. "When my dad sees this he will kick all of you off this farm faster than you moved on it." She spits at him. He looks shocked at her sudden outburst.

"You people are keeping dead people in a barn! That's fucking nuts!" Shane yells, throwing the bag to the ground before turning. His eyes widen and he shakes his head, "you got to be fucking kidding me!" He yells, everyone turns around to see three people coming out of the woods, along with a two walkers on ends of some poles. Everyone gasps again, as they take notice that Rick is holding one of the walkers. As the three boys approach us, they right away notice all the guns.

"Rick why do your people have guns on my property!?" Hershel asks furiously. Rick looks panicked at us, and goes to question us but Shane interrupts.

"We are done looking for a dead girl! We are done living on the same property as dead people!" He shouts, Rick stops him before he does anything though,

"This is Hershel's land! We are guests here!" Rick says between his teeth, trying to stay calm. "He thinks these people will come back! Those people in there are his family!" He adds, Shane shakes his head while turning to Hershel,

"Hey Hershel, if a person was still alive, could they live through this?" He asked, before shooting the walker Hershel held with a pole in the chest. Hershel's mouth gaped open, as Shane continued to shoot in the heart, and lungs." Can a living person live through that Hershel?" He asked the old man.

"Shane! That's enough!" Rick yelled, Shane turned to him and nodded,

"Yea Rick your right. That is enough." He says, turning and shooting the walker Hershel held in the head, then turning to Rick's shooting it as well. Hershel dropped to the ground on his knees, next to the dead walker. I watch sadly as Maggie and Beth run over to their crying father, trying to sooth him silently. I turn around to see Shane opening the barn door, breaking the lock. Glenn runs over to me, grabbing my hand. He squeezes my hand slightly, and I do the same back as I see the barn doors open. I quickly grab my gun, aiming to make sure no walkers get close to anyone. I look next to me, to see Carl and Emma holding their guns next to each other, along with Kendall.

Shane starts to shoot Hershel's dead family, I look at Maggie, and she nods at me, signaling that I can help along with Glenn. Slowly all the people that handled guns in our group killed the walkers. I took down many of the, aiming quickly and moving onto another. As soon as it finished it was dead silent, all you could hear were the Greene family's cries. It stayed like that for what felt like hours, but was actually seconds. Two feet moving ruined the moment, as two small feet made their way our, a short body coming out along with them. My mouth gaped open as I saw little Sophia's reanimated body come out of the barn. She growled at us, reaching forward trying to get to us.

Glenn wraps his arms behind me, holding me close as I felt him hold back his cries. I hugged him as I watched next to us, Carol flinging herself forward at her baby, only to be caught by Daryl. He held her close, as sobs racked through her body. Carl held onto a crying Emma, hot tears dripping down his face. Rick stepped forward, holding his revolver up and aiming it at the young walker, pulling the trigger.

Once again, all you could hear were the cried of the people who lost someone today. Everyone looks at the dead bodies that laid on the ground. Everyone stayed still as they looked in front of them, slightly horrified at what just happened.