ten

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

"Theres no hope here! We have to go!" My voice breaks as I say this, the hope im that was in my voice before, gone.

Rick looks at me, his face tightening. He runs up to the CDC door, smashing on it. Banging his fists into the door, yelling. Shane runs up, pulling him back.

I turn around, hearing moans. I make eye contact with Kendall, then Emma. We nod between each other running back to stab the walkers. I push one, making it stumble back before I stab its head.

Another one comes next to me, I kick its knee so it looses balance falling forward almost on top of it. I stomp my foot down on the walkers head, another one coming behind me, I stab do the same as before.

As soon as I finish killing the 5th walker that had made its way to me, I turn to see a bright light, blinding me. I cover my eyes with my arm, walking forward to see everyone making their way inside.

I look back at Emma and Kendall, they had made their way forward as well. As I walk in I feel someone staring at me, I glance around and notice Glenn is the one. I send him a small smile and he notices I caught his stare. He blushes awkwardly and smiles back before looking away.

I hold my gun in my hand, turning around and around, looking for something.

Emma had made her way over to Carl, he slipped his hand into hers. I roll my eyes and hold back a smile at the two, happy that someone could find love.

Kendall stood with her 22 in her hands, looking around as well.

"Is anyone bit?" A voice from behind me asks. I turn quickly, pointing my gun at the person. A man in a lab coat stood with a shotgun, pointing it at us.

Rick cleared his throat, "One of ours was, he didn't make it." He says. I stood confused,

'When did Jim die?' I though to myself. Glenn must have seen my confusion and whispered to me,

"You were sleeping... I know its hard for you to sleep so I let you rest, plus you never really knew him." He says, nervousness coming through his voice. I whisper a thanks and give him a half smile, which he returns.

"Why are you here." The man in the lab coat says. Rick clears his throat,

"A chance. We are here for a chance." He says, looking at the man. The man shrugs,

"Thats asking for a lot now-a days." He says back. Rick nods,

"Ya, I know."

"A blood test, thats the cost of admission." He says to us, everyone nods.  "Grab your things, once those doors close, they are closed." Glenn, Daryl, Rick, and Shane scurry out and start to grab the bags. I hold my gun still, not exactly trusting this guy.

"Doctor Edwin Jenner, and you?" He says to me. I squint my eyes at him and bite my cheek.

"Kalee."

****

"All done." Jenner says. I had squeezed my eyes shut so hard, it hurt to open them again. He narrows his eyes at me, "You don't like needles?" He questions. I shake my head, walking away from him, stumbling slightly. Jacqui, who was closest to me, helps steady me.

"Is she okay?.." Jenner questions. I nod my head, continuing to walk.

"She hasn't eaten in days, none of us have."  She answers, I sit in a random chair, my vision slightly blurred. I see Jenner in the corned of my eye nodding.

As he finishes drawing our blood, he leads us to a new room, a kitchen. I laugh lightly, seeing a bottle of wine.

"Holy shit." I say, smiling widely. Everyone laughs, taking a seat. Food is brought to the table by Carol and Lori.

I eat slowly, savoring the food, unlike Emma. There was food on her plate, but then it was gone in a blink of an eye.

I took a wine bottle and the biggest glass I could find, filling it. Everyone looks at me crazy, I shrug them off.

"Hey China-man, keep drinking, I wanna see how red your face can get." Daryl says to Glenn, I chuckle before taking a large sip of wine. Glenn smiles widely, continuing to drink.

By the end of the dinner, I had learned that Shane was a total buzz kill.

"Where is everyone?" He had asked, everyone turned to him glaring.

"Shane we are celebrating." Rick scolded, but Shane ignored.

"When we realized there was no hope, everyone left to be with there families. Some didn't even make it out the door, opted out." He told us. I turn to Shane,

"Total buzz kill man. Screw off."

Jenner had led us down some halls, telling us about the rooms.

"Go easy on the hot water, theres a rec room down the hall to the right, don't plug in any video games, same goes with the rooms, no electricity can be plugged in." He says. I stop in my tracks and look at everyone, holding a bottle of whisky,

"Did he just say hot water, or am I just that drunk?"

****
After I had taken a hot shower, I kept drinking. I wasn't drinking for anything in particular, just drinking to drink.

I walked down to the rec room, to go look at what it was like. There were tons of books, and board games. I laugh lightly, remembering the times I had played board games with all my friends and family.

Foot steps behind me made me turn around. I see a drunk Shane, lurking over to me. He continues walking, forcing me to back up against a wall. I look at him confused, my drunk self not knowing what he was doing.

He leaned in fast and start to kiss me, forcing his hands down on me, and where I didn't want them to be. I weakly push him off of me, quickly becoming sober. He growls and forces himself again, this time I scream, not knowing how to get the strong man off of me.

I cry out again, and he shoves a hand over my mouth, I raise my knee up, kneeing him in the balls, as he is thrown to the floor.

Tears brim my eyes and I slide down the wall, I look up to see the person who knocked Shane out, Glenn.

Emma stood at the door, held up by Carl, along with Kendall who was leaning her drunk self onto the door frame.

I try to hold the tears back, as Glenn pulls me into a hug, whispering soft things into my ear.