eighteen

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

The surgery had been a success. Emma had survived, which was only half good on her part because she was going to be getting the wrath from a few people, especially me. I sighed, looking at her sleeping after the surgery. I had thanked Hershel and his people multiple time, they said it was their pleasure and they were happy to help.

"Hey Kale, the groups here, want to put up our tent." Glenn asked me. It was the next morning, and everyone had finally shown up after being separated. I nod my head and follow him out the door. I look to where the group had taken camp and see everyone in a circle of tents. I cringed at the thought of having to be close to everyone.

"We are putting ours a little away from everyone, I don't need to hear everyone sleeping next to me." I say chuckling, Glenn nods his head agreeing and grabs the tent, while I grab our stuff. We set up camp a around 20 feet away from where everyone else was, and pile our stuff into the 4 person tent. As soon as we finish, someone comes over to our tent, knocking on the outside of it.

"Hey...can you guys by any chance make a run into town? We're low on some stuff." Lori said outside of our tent, I look at Glenn who shrugs,

"Yea, sure whatever we need just write it on a paper." I say to her, grabbing my knife and gun. She hands me a piece of paper, already having the stuff written down and looks between Glenn and I.

"Look one of the things on there has a star next to it, it's just for me. Please don't tell anyone." She tells us, I look at her confused but nod my head, shoving the list in my pocket. "Hershel said you can take a horse, there a map over by the cars, Maggie circle the place you guys can go to." She tells us before walking away, back to the main camp. Glenn and I begin to walk over to the stable when people start to call our names. We head over quickly, realizing they were looking at something in the well. As soon as we make it over, we look in as well. I gag as I look down, seeing an obese walker swimming in the water. I look at everyone, who are mostly doing the same.

"Do we shoot it?" Maggie asks, trying to give an idea. Shane shakes his head, looking back down in the well.

"No, by doing that it will taint that water even more. We gotta pull it up so we don't get its blood in it." He says. We all nod agreeing with him.

"So who is going down in the well?" Andrea asks, then looks between Glenn and I. We look at eachother and shake our heads,

"We aren't walker bait." I state to her, Glenn sighs from next to me and steps forward.

"I'm not letting her do it so, it's up to me." He says, I look at him annoyed,

"No, you cant fucking do this! Its a death sentence!" I yell at him. He shakes his head and points down the well,

"This is what i'm useful for at camp, everyone has something Kalee." He says, I look at him sadly. He notices the frown on my face and pulls me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. I sigh into his shoulder and nod my head accepting the fact slightly.

"You so dumb."I say bluntly, he chuckles and gives me a kiss before Shane starts to wrap the rope around his waist. I head over to the rope part that will be where we hold him and get ready. "Don't die please?" I say to him. He looks at me and rolls his eyes and smiles before stepping into the well. Shane., Andrea, T-Dog and I hold him up while Maggie gives us a bird's eye view.

"Hows it going down there?" She asks him, I hear his shaky voice give a small reply, stuttering. I hold on tightly, not wanting him to fall. Suddenly, the metal part wwe had the rope wrapped around broke, and Glenn went plummeting down into the well.

"Hey! Get me out of here!" He yelled to us, I pulled as fast and hard as I could, Glenn screamed a few more times before we got him up. He breathed heavily and I run over, wrapping my arms around him.

"You are so dumb." I say in his shoulder as I hug him, he wraps his shaky arms around me, holding me tight.

"Well...back to square one I guess." Shane says, and Glenn shakes his head, we all look at him confused.

"Nope." He says, looking over the edge at the walker, a rope wrapped around its waist. We all smile at him, and he stands proudly. We begin to pull the walker up from the well, the walker being heavier than expected. It took all of our strength just to get it up. As soon as we pull it over the edge, the rope had began to be too tight around the walkers waist, causing the stomach to break in half. Maggie walks away from the scene, and we all stand there dumbfounded.

"Good thing we didn't do anything stupid like shoot it." T-Dog mumbles before walking back to the camp. I walk over to Glenn, pointing over to the stalls,

"You ready to go?" I ask him, he nods his head and we start to walk over to the horses.

/Emma/

As I open my eyes, I recognize it as the room I had woken up in the first time. I go to sit up but feel a sharp pain in my stomach, forcing me back down.

"You're finally awake." Carl says next to me, watching me while in a chair. I was slightly startled because I hadn't seen him there. I nod my head and scratch my neck,

"Where are we?" i ask, my throat dry from not speaking in so long. Carl looks at me and shrugs,

"Greene's Farm."