fourty five

/Emma/

/Emma/

We walk down to the tombs, hearing more shouts. As we turn the corner, we notice five walkers, and a few people. Shooting the walkers quickly, Carl begins to yell to them as more walkers come out.

"Come on!" He yelled, and glanced at me before turning off and running. I followed after him, glancing behind me to notice one of the people holding a girl, blood seeping out of her shoulder.

"No, she can't come back." I say to them. Carl stops in his trail, turning around to see what I was saying. Carl walks up and shakes his head at the. They lay the girl down as Carl points his gun at her.

"I'll do it for you." He says as he takes the safety off. The guy that was holding her and a slightly young boy jumps in front of him.

"No! We take care of our own people." He says, as tears fill his eyes. A black man and women, look at each other, then back at Carl and I.

"You guys look pretty young, you here alone?" The girl asks, she pauses for a moment before glancing at the group she was with. "I'm Sasha, this is Tyreese my brother." She says pointing the the black man. "That's Allen and his son Ben and his well, dead wife Donna." She says, looking down sadly. I nod my head and glance at Carl who was looking at the guy as he stabbed his wife in the temple.

"We have a group, come with us." I say, Carl looks at me nods his head. We begin to rush back, as soon as we hear more walker groans. The man grabs his wife, carrying her in his arms.

As we enter the part before the cells, Carl and I glance at each other.

"Our leader isn't here yet, he is just out doing something." I say, looking down, remembering that Glenn and Kalee still were captured. They look at s confused, and go to follow us into the cell block. Hershel opens the door for us, looking at the new people but back at us. He lets us in, as the Sasha and them try to come through I close the door. She looks at us, confused.

"You guys can't just lock us in here?!" She yells slightly. We all ignore her, walking to the other side of the cell block. I sit down against the wall, waiting for Kalee and Glenn to be back. It had been 7 hours, and it was going to be dark soon. Carl comes and sits next to me. He looks at me and smiles slightly, knowing I was worried.

"They will be okay, they always are." Carl says, grabbing my hand. I force a smile back, and rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my forehead, as I close my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder. "Want to get some food then head to bed? When we wake up they will be back." He asks me. I think for a moment, then my head, getting off of his shoulder.

We walk over to the food area, also where Sasha and them were.

"Where's the mother?" She asks the group, as Carl and I walk in. Automatically, I realize she is talking about Judith. I glance at Carl, and see him look down. I feel the slight pain in my heart, knowing I had ended her life completely. She notices the look on everyone face, the sadness and goes to apologies, but Hershel stops her by talking.

"Didn't survive the birth." Hershel says to her, and Beth walks out while giving Judith a bottle. She nods her head,

"I'm sorry." She says, and sits down next to Tyreese. They whisper to each other for a moment, Allen breaking the silence.

"Can we bury her?" He asks, looking at us. His wife, a bite mark on her arm and stab wound in her temple. Hershel glances at Carol, who nods her head.

"I'll get you guys some shovels." She says, and gets up to get them. Lately Carol had stopped being shy. She had slowly been coming out of her shell. She was more confident, and was part of the group more.

"Thank you." Sasha says, when Allen doesn't. He nods his head, mumbling a thank you to Carol. She nods at him and smiles slightly at Sasha before leaving. Ben sat next to his dead mother, staring at her then the floor.

"I got us some snacks, lets go." Carl says, and grabs my hand. I hadn't even noticed him leaving my side to get the food. We walk up to our cell, and make our selves comfortable. We sit across from each other, I rest my head on the cement behind me and smile at him slightly. I eat my granola bar, while he does as well, talking about random things.

"I wanted to be a cop like my dad." He says to me, I smile at the thought. '

'Carl as a cop would be cute' I think to myself. He smiles at me,

"What about you?" He asks. I think for a moment. Trying to remember what I wanted to be two years ago.

"A vet, or in a band. I mean lets be honest, i'm an amazing singer." I say jokingly. He nods his head laughing.

"I agree on the singing, you r better than Carol at least." He says. Some nights when we had a place to stay over the winter, we would do fun competitions. Sometimes it would be joking ones, like singing. Me and Carl had sang the song 'Stop Don't Talk to Me.' It was one of the happy nights, where ever Rick was in a good mood. Kalee and Glenn were less tense than usual, Maggie, Beth and Hershel being relaxed as well.

"I really wanted to kill walkers for a job though." I say rolling my eyes, bringing up the fact that we would never get our dream jobs. He shoves me with his foot slightly, earning a smile from me.

"Hershel could teach you how to be a vet, I mean he was himself." He says to me. I nod my head, realizing that.

"True, maybe when things cool down with The Governor guy I can ask him." I say to him. He nods his head. We stay silent for a minute, I focus on something random, just staring at it. When I come out of my trance, I look up to see him staring at me. I tilt my head and smile slightly,

"What?" I ask, laughing a little. He leans forward, and grabs my face slightly. Pressing my lips to mine, he kisses me for a moment. I kiss back, smiling slightly into the kiss.

"Your the best." He whispers, pressing our foreheads together.

------

Vote and Comment <3

Thank you everyone who votes on every chapter.

<3 <3 <3

-

K