fifty seven

Two days

Two days. Glenn had been in there for two days. Glenn had been sick, for two days. Daryl and the scavenger group was gone, for two days.

Sun set was going to be soon. I was working outside with Carl and Rick. Both of them seemed out of it, just like myself. Yet, with Glenn gone I wanted to work harder. To make this place, that we call home, safer.

"I'm going to go lay down..." Carl mumbled suddenly. Rick glanced at me, then nodded his head. Carl ran off. Rick and I continue to fix plants.

"Rick! Kalee!" Maggie yells from the fence. Rick and I stand up quickly, and look over to what was happening. The fence was beginning to fall, again. We rush over, Maggie rushing to get a wooden plank.

With the help of Rick and I, We manage to prop it up again. We put an extra one up next to it, just to be safe.

"You guys mind helping me here? Hard putting those planks up alone." Maggie asks up, putting a hand on her hip. I nod my head, understanding.

We continue to put the planks up, going down the row. It was quiet, besides the everlasting groan of walkers. My hand wipes the sweat the had formed on my forehead, a sigh escaping my lips.

Suddenly, a gunshot is heard from inside the prison. My eyes widen, thinking of Glenn. Maggie and Rick saw my face, and looked at each other.

"Go, we can finish this off." Rick says, I step back, glancing at Maggie to see if she is okay with this. She nods her head, giving a reassuring smile. I nod back, thanking them before turning on my feet. I sprinted to the prion, passing multiple people in the process.

As I get to the door to the cell block, I notice the havoc going on inside. Walkers were everywhere, and no sign of Glenn.  I attempt to open the door, but realize it is locked. They really didn't want people who weren't sick inside.

Looking around, I see an axe and grab it from the emergency glass. I begin to slam it into the door, hoping it does some use.

With my luck, it doesn't. It makes it worse. The door is now jammed, so that the lady that's trying to open it for me, can't. I let out a frustrated yell, and run to the confrontation room. The one that connected to the sick ward.

No one was in there, so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I shot the glass. Sure, probably was dumb, but at this moment I didn't care. I climbed through it, trying not to cut my hands open. It scared the living hell out of me, that my husband could be dead.

"Glenn!" I yell out, over the screams and gun shots. No response. I look up, to see Hershel struggling in the pit. Without thinking, I raised my gun. I aimed it at the walker he was holding down, trying my best to avoid him.

Hershel yells out, telling me that he's got it. I know he doesn't though, his face bright red with struggle. I pull the trigger, closing my eyes for a moment, scared that I might have shot him.

Opening them, relief washed over me. Hershel was okay. The walker was dead.

"Where's Glenn?!" I yell out, worry washing over me once again. It felt like he hundredth time today. He points to the cell that was furthest away from him, on the top floor. I quickly rush up the stairs, gun still in hand. As I arrive Hershel rushed into the cell.

I drop to my knees at the sight in front of me. Glenn, covered in blood. Blood fell from his lips, his breathing harsh. A pool of blood had formed next to his head. His once tan skin, was now white.

"Glenn?" I choke out, as Hershel shoves some tube down his throat. Tears form in my eyes, as Hershel begins to pump the air. Glenn made some gurgling sounds as Hershel did this.

"This is to help him breath." He tells me after a few moments of silence between us. I nod my head slowly, then turn to see that the gun shots and stabbing a had stopped. I look back at Hershel, to see he had noticed too.

He sighs, before placing the tube into my hands. I look at him confused, not sure what to do.

"Squeeze that every few seconds, it's what's keeping him alive currently. I need to check the others." He tells me. I nod my head again, not sure how to respond to that. I was holding in my hands what was keeping my husband alive.

Footsteps behind me startled me slightly. I turn my head a little, to see Emma and Kendall. I stay silent, as I continued to squeeze the tube, then releasing it.

"How is he?" Kendall asks from behind me. I shrug, not sure what to say. He wasn't good, but he wasn't dead. They say nothing more, just sit against the wall in the cell.

"They should be coming back today, tonight actually." Emma says, referring to Daryl and his group. I nod my head, knowing that if they aren't here tomorrow, I would've going to find them. People I love need these meds, and Ill do anything to get them to them.

"He's going to be okay, he's strong." Kendall says, looking at Glenn. I laugh slightly at that. Her and Emma look at me confused.

"I know he's strong. But everyone here says he will be okay. Yet, here I am, controlling his breathing." I say to them, not looking up from Glenn's face. His eyes were closed still. He had passed out after Hershel shoved the tube down his throat.

The girls stayed silent again. They did until Hershel came back in. He looked down at me, a sigh escaping his lips.

"They are back." A voice yells through the cell block. My head rises, as I see Hershel's eyes light with hope. He rushes away, making his way down to the voice.