thirty six

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

"Who was that girl to you guys?" T asks. I stiffen, remembering what had happened. What Emma had done. The people that weren't there were confused.

"She was a few grades above Emma and Kendall." I say bluntly. He nods his head,

"Why did she want to leave you behind so bad. When Dixon knocked you out?" He questions, I sigh and sat up.

"I sorta took role as the leader, after some stuff went down." I say, and trailing off. " Guess she wanted to take role as that. I gave everyone the option to leave, I said I was heading to Atlanta, and she still didn't leave." I tell him and he nods, then looks at Emma.

"You did the right thing." T says to her and Carl looks at her confused, along with everyone else that wasn't there. She looks down and nods her head.

"What did you do?" Lori asks her, glancing between Carl and her. I notice her swallow hard, before looking up at the group.

"I pushed Cassidy off the building cause she wanted to leave Kalee while she was knocked out." She says plainly. Everyone looks at her the me shocked. I give her a small smile,

"You wouldn't have meet Carl if you didn't do that. Neither of you would have met anyone here." I say to her and she nods her head agreeing. After that everyone slowly drifted off to sleep, Glenn wraps his arms around my waist, and I put my head in his chest.

"Goodnight." He whispers in my eyes, and mumble a 'night' back, before drifting off to sleep.

-----

When I woke up, everyone but Daryl and Rick was asleep. I looked at the two, before brushing my fingers through my hair. I look next to me to see Glenn, re wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him on the ground.

"Go to sleep its early." He mumbles, putting his face into my neck. I laugh a little, and everyone slowly began to wake up. We ate breakfast and Rick stood at the front of us, causing all of us to look at him.

"Big day today." Rick says to us, looking at the walkers behind the gates.

"Glenn, Kalee,Maggie, T-Dog, Daryl and I are going to go in. Rest of you stay out here and watch our backs. He says and walks over to the gate. We all looks at each other, realizing we were going now. "Lets go in back to back, none will be able to go behind us. Stay in the formation okay?" Rick says, holding a machete.

We nod our heads and open the gates, heading in quickly. Walkers poured out and we began to kill them.

"Maggie!" Rick yelled, and I look to see her out of the formation. She gets back quickly and he looks at her annoyed. She doesn't care and goes back into her spot. I continue to stab walkers that come my way.

"Civilians are in here, must be a wall down somewhere." Rick says, and we nod agreeing.

"We can't rebuild a whole prison." T says to him, and Rick nods his head, going back to killing walkers. We go up against a wall, Rick peeking over the side.

"Watch my back." Rick says, and runs off around the corner, closing the gate that held more walkers. Suddenly walkers in riot gear come out, Daryl shoots and arrow at one of their heads, only to have the helmet reflect it off.

A walker with riot gear walks out in front of me, I back up and push it away, smashing my machete off of its helmet only to do no damage. I grab the helmet and push the walkers head back, stabbing it through the bottom of its chin. The walker drops dead and I turn to everyone, who all have a shocked expression.

"See that?" I say, slightly out of breath. They all start to do it to the remaining walkers. After we finish we look at each other, and Rick begins to move towards a door on the wall that says 'Cell Block C'.

"Its clear." Maggie says, and I nod my head, running up the stairs to check the cells. I smile widely, and look at Glenn, who was smiling widely. He walks up to me and pulls me into a hug,

"We bunking together?" He asks, I pull out of the hug and look at him as if he was dumb. He chuckles, already knowing the answer. He grabs my hand and we walk down, to the main area of the cell block.

"We can make this work." Rick says happily. We make our way out to the others, who were waiting for answers. "Its secure, it will work." He tells them, everyone looked excited and went back to get their things. Lori tried to grab her bag, but T went and grabbed it for her,

"No heavy lifting." He said to her and she sighed, nodding and thanks him. Glenn and I go to the top, all the way down to the corner. We stand in the doorway for a moment, realizing this is the first time we would ever have a room together, not a tent or a car. Just us, we look at each other and smile, dropping our things outside of the room.

He walks in first, throwing the mattress off of its frame. I look at him confused, only to see him grab the top bunk mattress and throw it to the floor. I stand there confused until he turns to me,

"Making us a queen size bed." He says smiling. I smile at him, adored by his cuteness. I grab the bed frame, pushing it against the wall. "We can turn that into a shelf." He says to me, wrapping has arms around me from behind. I turn to look at him, and kiss him.

"I'm glad we found this place." I say to him. He smiles at me and nods, before fixing the the bed. After we put blankets and pillows on it, we head down stairs to check on everyone else. I walk to the far side of the cell block, looking to see who was bunking with who.

I nudge Glenn as we get to the end, already knowing who was in there. We press ourselves against the wall, and peek inside. I quickly turn out, noticing that Emma and Carl were making out.

His hands slid down her waist, pulling her closer. I look at Glenn and he smirks, putting a hand out to stop me from going. He pulls a condom out of his pocket, and I give him a confused look, he just shrugs and stands in front of the doorway. He tosses the condom at Carl, hitting him in the face. I stifle a laugh as the couple turn bright red, noticing that they were caught and had a condom thrown at them

"Put it to good use." Glenn says before walking away, grabbing my hand.