sixteen

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

We were out in the woods looking for Sophia. It had been less than 24 hours, but I had already lost hope on finding the small girl. Rick had made the rule that only Him,Shane,Daryl and I were allowed to use the guns. Mostly everyone agreed, except Andrea who gave us all dirty looks. As we were walking around, looking for signs, we heard church bells.

"That could be Sophia?" Lori says, spinning in circles, "She could be using that to signal us, or someone at least."

"What direction?" Kendall questions, Daryl points to the left of us and everyone starts to run that way. As we exit the woods, we come across a church.

"There's no bells." Emma says, looking at us confused. Everyone sighs and goes to leave, but Rick goes to the doors.

"Lets check inside." He says, as he opens the doors. I peek in to notice around 9 walkers. They turn to us and start to make there way over. I walk in, stabbing one in the head. I turn around to see another trying to sneak up on me, I kick it in the knee, causing it to fall forward. I smash my foot into its skull, and turn to see Lori and Carol have a horrified expression.

Looking around the church, we notice that there was no sign of little Sophia. As we begin to walk out, we hear the bells again. Rushing out to find the sound, Daryl points up to a box on the side of the church.

"Its on a timer." He says to us, his stress coming through his voice. We all look around sadly and quietly at our surrounding, trying to figure out what to do next.

"I'm going to go back inside for a bit." Carol says, tears streaming down her face. Everyone nods and goes their separate ways on the property.  I walk around and notice Shane and Andrea talking. I watch them and see Shane looking stressed out, as usual. I roll my eyes at the dumb male and head back to where Glenn was. He was sitting on the church steps, as I walked up to him he jumped up to his feet smiling. I shake my head at the cute Korean and smile at him. I go to say something but Rick starts to talk to the group.

"We are heading out. Shane and I are going to keep looking for Sophia. You guys head back, we will catch up in a bit." He tells us, we go to head out but Emma says something,

"Carl and I want to go too. She was our friend too." Rick thinks for a moment, looking at Lori for permission. The older lady walked up to the two kids, placing her hands on one of each of their shoulders. She looks between the two and tells them something that the rest of us can't hear. They both nod and she sighs, looking at Rick and nodding. Rick walks up to Lori and hands her a gun,

"I want you guys to stay safe okay?" He says looking at her, she pushes the gun away from her, shaking her head.

"You need to protect yourself too." She says to him, Daryl walks up to her handing Lori a gun,

"Had an extra." He says, walking away after Lori says a 'thank you'.We all nod at eachother and go our separate ways,

/Emma/

Rick, Shane, Carl and I walked through the woods for around 15 minutes, until we came across a deer. Carl noticed it first and nudged me in the side. Looking over to see where he was pointing I smiled. He grabbed my hand, and silently pulled me over. Shaner and Rick watched from a few feet away, as we walk up to the deer. I look over at Carl as we are a foot away from it and he smiles at me, grabbing my hand. I look in front of us and see a man aim the gun at Carl, I go to say something but I hear the man shoot the gun before, and I push Carl out of the way.

"Emma!" Carl yells as he falls, I look down at the sharp pain in the stomach. Red starts to seep through the white shirt. I rest my head back down and look at the sky, not able to speak from the pain. Everything seems to be in slow motion as I realize I am now moving, only i'm not doing any work. I close my eyes, as the last thing I see is Carl holding me tight while running.

/3rd/

"Help!" The young boy yells as he exits the large field, right outside the white house. A family stands on the porch, utterly confused. They notice the blood,

"Is she bit?" A man with white hair asks, the young boy shakes his head quickly, running up to the stairs, trying to make his way up safely.

"No,no,no,no, your man he shot her!" The boy says franticly, the white haired man starts to yell orders to a girl inside the house, and instructs the boy to come in. The ex-sheriff and ex-cop shows up moments after the girl is arrived inside, fear spread across their faces. They hold onto the man with the rifle, who had been the one to shoot the bullet. As they arrive at the house, the girl with brown hair instructed them inside. They followed quickly but were quickly pushed out along with Carl due to the fact that 'She only had a bra on.'

"Kalee is going to kill us." The ex-sheriff says to the ex-cop. The ex-cops ears ring at the name, remembering that it wasn't an accident on what he tried to do to the girl, and he didn't care. If he had the chance to do it again, he would.  The brown hair girl over hears,

"Im Maggie, wheres this Kalee I'll go get her and tell whoever you're with where to find us." The brown hair girl says to them. They look at eachother,

"You saw where we came out from in the woods? Keep straight and head east a little, you'll come across them and if you don't they are on the highway that is the same way. Her name is Kalee. You might have a hard time getting her to come or one of our group members to let her, just tell them it's Emma, Rick and Shane sent you." Rick told the girl, she nodded her head and jogged out to the stable. Moments later, the three boys watch the girl leave on horseback, quickly going into the woods.

The young boy held his head in his hands. His eyes were red as he had been crying while holding his possibly dead girlfriend. He could only hope that she survives this, and if she does, will make sure to yell at her for risking her life.