thirty five

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

We had made it into the two gates outside of the prison. Separated from the outside world, but also the prison. Everyone exams the court yard, covered in walkers.

"Someone needs to close to gate." Kendall says to us. Everyone nods and begins to look at each other, trying to figure out who will do it.

"I'll do it, i'm the fastest." Glenn offers, I shake my head.

"No its a suicide run. Plus i'm faster than you." I say smirking. He shakes his head,

"I'm not letting you do that." He says to me. I sigh and look around, Rick shakes his head at the both of us.

"No you guys are going into the east tower, Carol, Daryl you guys go to west. Carol you have became a pretty good shot. Take you time, we don't have much ammo to waste." Rick says, the four of us run off to our places. Glenn and I get to the guard tower, running up the stairs.

"I've never been in a prison tower this is cool as shit!" I say excitedly. Glenn laughs a little and grabs my hand.We continue to run up, smiling at the sight we see in front of us.

"Holy shit." Glenn says, and looks across the prison yard. "We haven't had this much space since the farm." I nod my head agreeing, and look to see who was making the run for the gate, Rick.

"I'm surprised Emma didn't try to do it. She has been trying to step up her game lately." I say to him, he chuckles.

"Probably tried to but Rick shut her down." He says to me, then grabbing his gun, getting ready. I rested my AK47 on the reeling, and relaxed. It had been a long time since I had done any shooting with this gun, since Atlanta probably.

Lori quickly opened the gate for Rick, he sprints out into the field, rope in hands. He stabs a walker that gets close, and I shoot ones around him. He looks up at Carol, and I hear her yell a 'sorry'.

We continue to shoot, until Rick gets to the gate, closing it from more walkers and then running up into the north tower. Everyone stops shooting for a moment, I notice Daryl is the west tower, raising an arm up.

"Light it up!" He yells, and we shoot the remaining walkers in the field. When we finish everyone cheers.

"We did it!" I yelled happily. Glenn smiles at me and pulls me into a hug.

"We did it." He said to me into the hug, we rushed down the stairs, going to meet up with everyone. As soon as we get down, everyone had started to make their way into the court yard.

"We haven't had this much space in forever!" Carol yells and I chuckle, knowing I feel the same way. Glenn and I walk in hand and hand. Maggie waits at the gate for us, along with Hershel.

"Good job guys." Hershel says to us and we nod thanking him. Maggie looks at us then the court yard, letting out a large breath of air.

"You guys ready to go in?" She asks, a little nervous. We weren't used to this much space in a long time. If we had space, it lasted less than a week because a herd of walkers would come through.

Glenn and I look at each other and nod our heads. We walk in and it feels as if relief is washed over us. Everyone continues to cheer and yell as we make our way in, hugging and giving high fives.

"Lets set camp up out here tonight, clear out right there tomorrow." Rick says pointing at where walkers were piling up on the gate. We nod our head and walk back to where we had cut the fence open.

It was safe enough to not set up the tents, plus it was about to be night time. Everyone grabs their blankets as T-Dog sets a fire up in the field, small enough for us to get heat, but not to catch the rest of the yard on fire.

We all sit quietly, eating the squirrel that Daryl had caught that day. The plate gets handed around and everyone grabs a piece. Carol looks behind her at Daryl, who was keeping watch on a bus. She looks back at us and grabs another plate putting a few pieces on it

"I'm going to go and bring this to Daryl." She says to us, and walks off. I smirk slightly and Glenn looks down at me from where my head was laying on his legs.

"She totally likes him." I say and everyone chuckles. Glenn laughs and moves a piece of hair out of my face smiling down at me.

"I love you." He says to me and a I smile at him again, he leans down and kissed my lips.

"Get a room please, or don't, I don't want any baby Glenn and Kalee's around." Maggie says joking to us. I chuckle and throw a bone of the squirrel at her. She throws it away from us, rolling her eyes jokingly.

As Daryl and Carol walk over here, Hershel begins to ask for Beth to sing a song.

"How about, 'Parting Glass'?" He asks her, she sighs and shakes her head.

"Nobody wants to hear daddy." She says to him, trying to protest.

"I do." Glenn says, Maggie looks at up at him and smirks, causing Beth to smirk.

"Oh all the money that e'er I spent. I spent it in good company. And all the harm that e'er I've done. Alas, it was to none but me. And all I've done for want of wit. To memory now I can't recall. So fill to me the parting glass. Good night and joy be with you all." She sings, during the next lines Maggie begins to join her.

" Oh all the comrades that e'er I've had. Are sorry for my going away. And all the sweethearts that e'er I've had.Would wish me one more day to stay. But since it falls unto my lot. That I should rise and you should not.I'll gently rise and I'll softly call. Good night and joy be with you all." They two sisters sing, everyone smiles at them.

"Damnnnnn, you guys goooooood." I say from Glenn's lap, my eyes closed. Everyone laughs at me and Beth and Maggie thank me.

"I still remember that day I met Kalee, Emma and Kendall." T-Dog says. I open my eyes and turn my head, still on Glenn's legs. "You guys remember Atlanta?" He asks. "And what happened."