twenty two

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

Glenn and I look at each other, we sat next to one another while sitting next to the fire. This morning Glenn planned on telling the group about the barn. I tried to convince him to wait just a little longer, I wanted to give Maggie time. I look at the farm house and see ggie on the porch, she makes eye contact with me and shakes her head. I nudge Glenn and he notices her as well and sighs. We both look at each other then Dale, who was at the RV.  Glenn sighs again and I look at him as he looks at Maggie then the group, standing up be clears his throat.

"Uh... guys..." Glenn says to the group. Everyone turns to him to see what he has to say, "The uh...the barn is full of walkers." He says. I look down putting my head in my hands, not exactly wanting to know what the groups reaction was. I felt stares on me, and heard people starting to stand up and run over to the barn. I look up as everyone was running to the barn, Shane ahead of them all. Glenn and I look at each other once again, then to where Maggie was, as she walks inside. I look down sadly, but knowing he had done the right thing. Shane begins to pull on the barn door. I watch as everyone backs up as the doors start to shake by themselves.

"You knew about this?" Shane asks, walking up to Glenn. As Shane comes closer I step in front of Glenn.

"Yea, you have a problem with it?" I ask him. He stares at me, as Rick comes over to drag him back.

"How long have you knew?" Rick asks, but before I could answer, Dale buts in.

"Hershel says they are just sick. He knows all the people. They are all his family and friends, people he says he knew. He thinks there will be a cure." He says to the group, mostly to Rick though. Shane turns even redder with anger as once again, another person knew about the barn. "I found out yesterday." He adds, Rick goes to talk but loud mouth Shane speaks before him,

"And you waited to tell us?" He says, everyone in the group looks between the five of us. Glenn and I stand awkwardly in the middle.

"We survived didn't we?" Dale questions, only to cause Shane to strike back,

"What if we didn't? What if those doors opened and the three of you are the only ones who knew?" I roll my eyes at him as he says this.

"The barn is locked up, honestly I was thinking the same thing at first. Honestly though, if the doors were to open at any point it would be right now with all of us talking in front of the doors and pulling on them." I say to the group. Everyone stays quiet as I say this, and Glenn's hand slips into mine. I look at him and send him a small smile.

"I want someone to be on watch every moment of the day. Ill take first watch, someone come get me when your free." Shane tells the group. stalking off back to in front of the barn doors. I look at the guy and roll my eyes, walking away from the group with Glenn. We walk into the field, looking around at everything around.

"Hey, where did you put my hat?" He asks, I bite my lip, as I had forgotten to tell him what had happened the day prior. I look at him as we walk and chuckle slightly,

"Well..." I start, he looks at me confused, but waits for me to continue. "I tried to talk to Maggie and stuff but ended up getting ignored by her. I asked her to talk to me and she ended up putting and egg in your hat and crushing it on my head." I tell him. He holds back a laugh at the thought of me having and egg in my hair.

"Wow um, that's great story." He says to me. I laugh and shrug, "Sounds like you had an amazing time." He adds and I nod while laughing still. He looks at me and smiles, leaning in and kissing my lips gently. I kiss him back, placing my arms around his neck and pulling him closer to me. We finish kissing each other and continue to walk around the farm area, hand in hand. We walk in a comfortable silence for awhile until a thought made me think out loud,

"Do you think Lori kept the baby?" I ask him. He look at me then forward again, thinking for a moment,

"I have no clue. I mean it would be hard raising a kid in this cruel world but its also her fault she made one." He tells me, he look around before speaking again, "Do you think it's Rick or Shane's?" He asks me, smirking. I laugh a little, even though we shouldn't be laughing about such a topic,

"Shane's probably. Lori and him had a thing for awhile back at the quarry you said right? Rick and her haven't had any alone time, like ever cause Carl is always with them so they had no time to get it on. Unless they did it in the tent next to Carl, which would be gross as hell." I rant on to him about the topic. He laughs and shrugs,

"I say Shane." He tells me, and I nod my head.

"Do you think we will ever find Sophia?" I ask him, looking into his eyes. He sighs and looks down at the topic,

"At this point, I don't even know." He says. I nod my head agreeing with him on the topic. We continue to walk around for awhile longer until we end up back at camp. Rick walks off the porch from inside the house,

"Do you think he was talking to Hershel?" I ask Glenn, referring to Rick. He look and shrugs,

"Maybe checking on Emma and Carl?" He suggests. I nod my head, but hoping that he was talking to Hershel about the walker situation. "You know what i'm wondering?" He asks me, I look at him with a questioning look, waiting for him to continue. "If Lori ever told Rick about the baby." I furrow my eyebrows, suddenly wondering this as well.

"one one way to find out." I say, turning around until I spotted Lori. I look at Glenn and head off to her, him right behind me.

"Hey Lori?" I say, she was by herself doing laundry. She turns to look at me, a small frown on her face as she notices me, after my actions yesterday. "Have you told Rick yet?" I ask her. She look around, and then down in shame like usual. I shake my head at the girl, "What about Shane?" I ask her. She looks at me quickly, shock across her face.

"No... and I threw up the pills." She tells us. I sigh, and look at Glenn wondering what to do next.

"You need someone to take care of you!" Glenn says, the stress coming through his voice. I nod agreeing with him, and looking back at Lori who was nodding.

"I know, I know. Just give me time."