Katsuki Yuri - Hot Chocolate (Christmas Special #3)

Y/N's POV

I slumped against the counter, my eyelids almost closing. "Y/N, you can go now. I'll tell Boss you stayed until 12.3o." My head snapped up at the sound of my co-worker's voice. I checked my watch, realising that it was only 11.45. "But there's still 45 minutes till my shift ends!" I protested, sitting up in my seat, trying to look awake.

"You look tired, so go home and get adequate rest, I'll be fine on myself until 12.30. Plus, it's Christmas tomorrow, if you rush home fast enough you'll be able to celebrate it with your family." I gave her a grateful smile, about to rise from my seat behind the counter when the bell jingled, announcing the arrival of a customer. We both turned towards the door, surprised to find a man standing there.

"Hi, can I get a hot chocolate please?" He smiled a little as he fumbled for his wallet. "That will $3 (I don't actually drink these so I'm sorry if the price is wrong), thank you." My co-worker immediately started to make the hot chocolate and I waited by the counter for him to hand me the money. My co-worker passed me the cup, along with my coat. "You can leave the place with him, Y/N." she whispered.

I nodded my head before giving him his hot chocolate, accidentally brushing his fingers and sending electric currents throughout my body. I immediately lowered my eyes, grabbed my coat and bidding a soft goodbye to my co-worker. I sighed as I stepped out into the cold, winter air, dreading the long walk back alone. "W-Wait..." I stopped in my tracks, turning around in shock.

"Are you heading that way? Because I'm heading that way too and I don't want to walk back alone," he tightened his grip on the cup. "But it's alright if you don't want to..." he trailed off. A small smile grazed my lips and I walked back to where he was standing, wishing that he would just lift his head so I could stare into those mesmerising orbs again. "Of course I do!" The sentence slipped past my lips a little too enthusiastic than I meant it to.

He looked at me, his eyes widening slightly. Grinning slightly, he started down the sidewalk, a small blush on his face. My own face was burning up and I couldn't seem to wipe that goofy smile off my face. My heartbeat accelerated when his fingertips brushed mine accidentally. "Y-Your hands are freezing... here." He grabbed my hands and brought them to his warm cup of hot chocolate.

My heart is beating so fast I feel like it is going to jump out of my chest! W-What's this feeling?

*Time Skip*

"Hey, Y/N! Thanks for taking over my shift today, since it's Christmas and all..." my co-worked greeted me once I stepped through the doors. I shrugged, hanging up my coat. "No problem! Bye!" I waved her goodbye and started to clean up after the customers that just left. When I got to the corner table, I realised that there was someone sitting there all alone, a cup of hot chocolate in his hands.

"Hi, would you want to get anything el-" I stopped short when he turned to look at me. I would never forget those eyes. "I-It's you!" I exclaimed, before covering my hands over my mouth. "I'm sorry." I mumbled after a while, realising how stupid I sounded. Thankfully there was no one else in the shop at the moment. I turned to leave when he grabbed my arm, causing me to freeze.

"I want to ask if yo-" he got cut off by the jingle that came from the door. I shot him a sheepish smile, removing his fingers gently and heading towards the counter to take the person's order. Afterwards, I never got a chance to speak to him again, with customers streaming in one after another. By the time my shift ended, it was already dark outside. I scanned the shop and was surprised to find that he was still sitting silently at the same table.

"Hey," I greeted him as I walked towards his table. He stood up, his finished cup of hot chocolate in his hands.

"Hey, my name is Katsuki Yuri, and I want to ask if you want to go out on a date with me."

A/N

It's Christmas Eve tomorrow!! I'm so sorry for this crappy one shot >.< I hope you enjoyed though!

Thanks for reading~