Yuri Plisetsky - Tears

I think you can call this a sequel to Heartbreak, my very first one shot in this book. You should go check it out and leave a vote if you want, before reading this :)

*you can listen to the song above while reading this*

[Requested by - Toshirolover ]

3rd person POV

~2 months later~

It's been two whole months since Yuri had seen Y/N, ever since that day when she slipped away after he skated to On Love; Agape. He tried to tell himself that her absence didn't matter, but when she left, she took a huge piece of his heart along. He even gave the bracelet to his girlfriend, even though it felt forced and he couldn't summon any sincerity at all. He knew that it was all too late to make things up with her and he wished he could turn back time so that he could redo everything.

According to Mila, she switched up her schedule so her session would not coincide with his, just so she could avoid him. These were usually after his practice, since he would leave the rink immediately and not linger around like everyone else. That day, though, he decided to stay behind a little bit, just to catch sight of her face. It didn't matter if she was angry at him, so as long as he could stare into those mesmerising E/C eyes once again.

Just as Mila said, half an hour after practice ended, Y/N pushed the door to the ice rink open. Her shoulders sagged down, almost as if she was carrying the weight of the world on them. When she finally lifted her head to greet Yakov, he felt his heart shatter. They used to be so lively, so joyful. Now they were void of all emotions, dull, lifeless; nothing like the girl she used to be.

He resisted to urge to run over and give her a hug, knowing that somewhere in the shadows, Mila was there, waiting for his reaction to seeing Y/N in this state. Normally, he couldn't tolerate people touching him, so hugging someone would be so out of character that Mila would bug him for ages. He shifted a little, fiddling with the strings hanging from his hoodie when she disappeared into the changing room.

When she emerged again, her eyes swept over the whole rink, surveying her surroundings. When her eyes met his, she froze, her entire body going rigid. "Is everything okay, Y/N?" Yakov called out impatiently from the rink. She tore her eyes away, nodding her head and stepping onto the ice. His fingers curled into a fist as tears gathered in his eyes, biting his lip to stop them from escaping. He received her message through her eyes loud and clear:

I hate you.  

Y/N's POV

After Yakov dismissed me, I packed up my bag and hurried out of the rink, not even bothering to check if Yuri was still there. It was none of my business, anyway. He could be there for anybody, after all, I haven't talked to him in so long. For all I know, his girlfriend could have been visiting and he was waiting for the rink to be clear before showing off his talents to her.

Even though I tried my best to steer clear of Yuri, he was just like a ghost, haunting me and refusing to let me go. Everywhere I went, I could not escape the news of Yuri breaking the world record for the men's single short program, with the piece that I now hated with a passion, On Love; Agape. I bet he had her image implanted in his mind in order to have performed that well. Unconditional love, huh?

I could feel my mind drifting off to the past, but I shook my head, trying my best to jerk myself back to the present. The past didn't matter now, it was the present that does. I've got my own competitions and concerts to worry about, so there was absolutely no need for me to think about Yuri right now.