Chapter 6

We have been walking around for a few hours, and I decide to drag Mom into an ice cream shop on a little corner. She says I should,"Watch my weight for the show!" But honestly, I think I'll be fine.

I look at all the flavors, and get 3 scoops of strawberry in a cone. Mom gets a little bit of vanilla in a cup. Boring.

We sit outside the shop, under an umbrella. This has got to be the best ice cream I've had in a long time.

While I'm absorbed in my cold cream of deliciousness, I spot someone familiar out of the corner of my eye.

"Four!" I yell out, hopping from my seat. Mom looks up, confused. Four gives me a smile, but I can tell it isn't a real one. A man follows closely beside him.

I give him a concerned look,"You ok?" I pull him near our table. The man still follows closely beside him. Once he gets closer, I immediately recognize him. He is an ex- governer of California. "I'm fine. Nice to see you." He says, in a rehearsed, monotone voice.

I raise an eyebrow,"You don't sound like it." For just a second, something glints in his eyes. Fear. Like I have never seen before. I know something is wrong.

"I am fine. This is my f- father. Marcus." He says, pointing to him. Marcus gives a curt nod. "Come on son, we need to go. Um. Meet your mother."

He slaps Fours back, and I see him wince. If something is wrong with his father, he is legally allowed to leave. Why isn't he reporting to the police?

The walk off wordlessly, leaving my thoughts hanging on the end of my tongue.

Mom motions me to sit back down. "What's with him?" I stare as they continue to walk on, and are soon absorbed into the crowd of people.

"I- I don't know. That's the guy who saved my life. And something is definitely wrong with him and that Marcus person." I say, replaying the scene in my head.

I run over dozens of scenarios in my head of what it could be about, and none of them are good.

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°

When we get back, it's about 8, so we still have time before we should go to bed. I lug my bags halfway up the stairs before Geneiveive spots me and insists on grabbing the bags for me.

"Thank you so much. You are such an amazing maid." I compliment. She smiles,"You are too kind. How could I not be so good to someone so kind?"

I place a hand on my heart, she is just the sweetest thing. "Say, isn't their anything else I can call you?" I ask. Geneiveive seems to be a hefty name.

She thinks for a moment,"Some of my old friends called me Vivvy." I smile,"Then Vivvy it is." We get up the stairs, and she begins putting the new things away.

"Oh please! You dont have to!" I say, helping her hang clothes. She nudges me off,"I insist."

I smile again. I've got to do something for her. Since I downsized my staff to just her, Chef and Jen, she has just been an amazing help.

I turn on the TV, and TLC is on, playing Outdaughtered. I keep it playing while I change into pajamas, not really minding Vivvy.

She has known me since I was young, and used to change my clothes for me. I'm sure she doesn't mind. I put on purple fleece pants and a black tank top.

We finish at the same time, and head downstairs. "Vivvy, your shift is over. But, I want you to stay the night and have fun with my mom and I. After all, since she moved you guys haven't seen each other much."

Her face lights up,"I would love to! Could I maybe, perhaps, have my husband and kids come over?" She asks, seeming hesitant.

I laugh,"Don't be so shy! Of course they can!" I have never seen so much joy in her face. Vivvy runs off to get area and calls her husband.

As she does, I go to see Chef. He is snoring in a chair near the kitchen. I giggle, looking at how loud, but peaceful, he was.

"Is he allowed to do that?" Mom says from behind me, scaring the living daylights out of me. I slip, back, and she keeps me from falling with one arm.

I hold my chest,"God mom! Don't do that!" She laughs quietly,"Ok fine, but I saw him earlier. Wanna wake him up?" She says tauntingly, holding up a can of whipped cream. I smile slyly,"Always."

I take the can, and put a giant mountain of whipped cream on his hand. He shifts for a second, but continued snoring.

For good measure, I add some to his mustache. Then, mom tickles his nose. I see him groan and stretch his arms, and we go running.

As soon as I hear the plop of the cream hitting his face, footsteps follow. "BEATRICE!" He yells. Chef must be pretty peeved, he never used my full name.

We laugh like maniacs, running into Vivvy's room. She looks at us, completely and utterly confused. "What did you girls do?"

"We- whip cream- Chef- sleeping." I manage to get out through giggles. She gives us a motherly look. I find it hilarious, seeing as my mother and I are basically children right now.

"You girls are gonna get it! I don't know how, but you will get it!" He yells. We listen as he walks off, Then open the door. Vivvy stays back, to change out of her uniform.

We tip toe down the hall, and before we get to the stairs, I spot Chef with a pie. I yell,"Run!" Before mom can react, he drops it on her head.

I fall to the floor, clutching my stomach from laughing so hard. Mom gives me the scariest look ever.

My eyes widen, and I crawl to the first place I find. The bathroom. "Get out here you little cheat!" She yells, banging on the door.

"No way!" I yell back, still giggling. Then I hear it. The jingle of keys.

"Don't you dare!" I yell. It's too late. They unlock the door and pull me out into a whipped cream, pie covered hug.

I groan,"Awww!" Then I see something out of the corner of my eye. Mom does too. Vivvy stands behind Chef, with a giant bowl of fruit punch

We both give a thumbs up. As we back out, she pours it all over him. He stands, wide mouthed.

"Fine girls. You win this round." He says, wiping his eyes. "I'm going to get changed and head home. Goodnight. Traitors." He says with a chuckle.

I smirk. Perfect end to a perfect day. Now who to clean all this pie and punch up?