Chapter 14

Tobias sweeps me up into his arms, and runs the last few meters to the Hollywood sign. I laugh, kicking my feet in the air.

He smiles at me, looking into my eyes. For a moment I get lost in the sea of blue.

"Lovebirds, over here." Mom says, dragging Tobias by the arm to the H sign.

I jump down, and hug Toby around the waist. Dad snaps a quick picture as I do, and it makes Tobias looks like a giant. The way I am positioned.

"Come on Dad, let's get a few good pictures." I urge. Tobias swings me into his arms,"Is this good?"

I laugh,"Of course." I give him a quick kiss and Dad gets another picture. Mom comes in and jumps on Tobias' back, surprising him.

He laughs,"Thanks Mrs.Prior."
"Your welcome!" She replies with a wink.

Dad snaps another picture.

"Hey son, do you mind getting a few family pictures?" He asks Tobias.

I hop down from Toby's arms, and help Mom down. He nods, taking the phone from Dad.

"Ok, nice picture first, then funny." Tobias instructs.

Mom and I put our arms around Dad's torso, and we smile. Tobias snaps a picture.

"Perfect!" He says,"Now funny."

I cross my eyes and stick my tongue out, and Mom makes me jump on her back. Dad peeks behind my shoulders. Tobias gets the picture, and Dad takes the camera.

"You are quite the photographer!" Dad tells Tobias, patting him on the back. He smiles,"Thank you sir. I can do editing if you want."

Dad nods his head approvingly.

"We should go get something to eat." Mom insists.

We run down to the car, which we kind of illegally parked, and load in.

"What do you guys want to eat?" Mom asks. Dad wants chipotle, which we immediately veto. Nobody has the stomach for Mexican right now.

"How about something like Logan's? I am in the mood for a steak." Tobias suggests. I agree, Dad reluctantly agrees, which means mom didn't even need to agree, but she does.

Dad pulls through and we head down. Mom pulls up the GPS and finds a Logan's a few miles away.

Mom and Dad make small talk up front, and Toby and I talk about the food. I know I haven't been to Logan's since I was a kid, and then I was on a strict diet of cheeseburgers and Mac and cheese. Normal kid diet honestly.

"My Dad only took me out if it was for a work dinner. It was only to show off his-" I cut him off,"Tobias, I thought we agreed not to talk about him."

He frowns,"I forgot. Sorry."

Before I can say anything else, Dad pulls into the restaurant. I jump out before anyone else can unbuckle, so hungry I could eat a horse.

I pull them out of the car, and we walk in. I see a few staring faces, to be expected. There all also the,"who is that GUY" faces on some people.

"Oh. My. God. You're Tris! The Tris Prior! Uh... You can get seated right away." The seating woman says. I laugh,"Thanks!"

She leads us to a large booth, and Tobias and I sit on one side, my parents on the other.

Another waitress comes over, and I can tell he's excited. Being well known is great when we go somewhere and people are just excited. There are downsides though.

"What can I um... get you guys to drink." She stutters, excited. I laugh,"Dr. Pepper please." She writes it down. Tobias gets a Dr. Pepper too, and Mom and Dad both get sweet tea.

"Hey babe, do you want to share a 20 oz steak?" Tobias asks. I shrug,"Why not? As long as we get those potato chips." I agree. He nods, and Mom and Dad look through the menu.

They bring us the complementary rolls, and we snack on them until the waitress gets our order. Mom gets a 8 oz steak, and Dad gets a rib eye.

"Do you want me to cover it?" Tobias says, referring to the check. Dad shakes his head,"Of course not. No reason to son."

Tobias smiles,"Thank you sir."

"Thank you Dad."

The food comes quickly, and we get an extra plate to divide our food on.

"This is delicious!" I say, eating a mouthful of steak. Mom agrees, cutting into her medium rare steak.

"Tris." I look over to Tobias,"You have a little something," he wiped the corner of my cheek. I blush,"That was so cliche."

"I know."

Dad smiles at us,"I think God brought you two together for a reason."