Chapter 11

By the time Christina arrives, Tobias is fast asleep, after getting meds from the nurse.

She knocks quietly, and I slowly open the door, making sure it doesn't creak.  Chris tip  toes in, dragging 2 bags behind her.

I put them next to the little pull out couch opposite the side of the room with Toby's bed.

I grab my phone, a hoodie, and glasses, to conceal my face. "Let's go out for a little bit. I'll leave a note." I whisper to Christina.

"No problem." She replies. I tear a piece of paper from a little notepad and write, Christina and I went out for a bit. I'll be back by dinnertime.

We carefully head out, avoiding as many people as possible.

"You two are so cute!" Christina says, once we make it to her car. I smile,"You ship everyone with me. Fangirl. But he has better things to worry about than our relationship."

Her eyes go wide,"So you ARE in a relationship!"

I laugh, and roll my eyes,"I think the last thing he has on his mind is a relationship right now."

Christina lifts an eyebrow,"So its not off the table?" I laugh again,"Whatever Christina"

She gets in the drivers seat and pulls out. "So where are we going?" I ask. She smiles,"The mall! Duh!"

"And get what? I really don't want to doom my maid to washing more clothes!”

"You can get stuff for Four!" she insists. "Fine Christina, whatever you want." I say.

She giggles,"I get the feeling you are agitated."

I insist,"No, its fine Christina."

We drive quietly, only the noise of the radio in the car.

We get to the mall, and she parks up front. "Its not very busy today." I observe.

"Yah, I guess that is in our favor." We both put on hoodies, and glasses and go in. It really is bare! I also see maybe 5 groups of people, one of which is a mother and her screaming two year olds.

We go first to Victoria's secret, Christina insists. They are having a BOGO, so she grabs a few pair for each of us to try on. Of course, lingerie has never really been my thing but thats OK.

When I put on the first pair, a strapless lacy black bra and nearly invisible panties, I feel small, pale and flat. I look like a 10 year old.

"Come out Tris!" Christina yells from the room next to me. "Do I have to?" I whine.

"Of course! You'll look great!" She insists. I hesitantly walk out, and she looks me up and down. "Hm. Maybe you shouldn't do strapless. You'll look great in this!" She says, tossing me a deep red set, similar to the one I am wearing, except it has straps.

"Just say it Chrissy." I huff. Its impossible she doesn't see myself like I do.
"Say what? The only thing wrong is that your body doesn't work with strapless!"

I roll my eyes,"Is it not obvious I'm as pale as a vampire? As flat chested as a child? As small as an infant? Why are we even bothering to get me lingerie?"

Christina's jaw drops,"Did you really just say that? You are my body goals. You aren't to small, aren't too big, and you are perfect! From your amazing blonde hair to your cute button nose, to your perfectly pedicured feet. Don't you ever say that again!" She scolds me.

I back off,"I may not agree Christina, but thanks anyways."

She pushes me back into the room, and I put on the red set. This one doesn't look as bad, and the sides of the panties are thicker, which makes me less self conscious.

I smile at my reflection this time, glad with how it looks.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

By the end of our extruchiatingly long mall trip, I ended up with 4 bags of clothes, 2 bags of makeup, and a crap ton of candy in a bag.

Christina bought my things from Victoria's secret, and I bought her candy.

We load the things into her backseat, and I drop off some of it at my house before we return to the hospital.

We sign in, and I have to tell the nurse again if she tells anyone who I am I will scream at her.

When we get to Tobias' room, he is sitting up eating a bowl of piping hot chicken noodle soup.

"Hey Tris. Hey Christina." He mumbles, his face still covered in chicken broth. I laugh, wiping off his cheeks.

"Hey Four. We got you some candy." Christina says, handing him a gigantic lollipop. I pull out the 10 pound chocolate bar from my bag and put it on the end if his bed.

"So any news on getting out of here?" I ask. He shakes his head,"All I know is there is some kind of infection from the... the whip." he mutters. I frown,"Sorry Four. At least you know we're here to love you now."

He smile,"And you don't know how much that helps."