Chapter 26

I yawn, barely making it out of bed. I can just never get enough sleep! I walk downstairs, still in pajama pants and a sweatshirt.

Today Chef is off work, so I go into my kitchen and grab a leftover muffin from brunch a few days ago. Today, I am planning on having everybody come over to help decorate for Christmas.

I already ordered deli catering ahead of time, and I have gotten out the large boxes of decor out from the attic.

Once I finish nibbling on the muffin, I go upstairs to get ready. I take a long, warm shower. Once I am done, I put on black leggings, a tight-ish white tank top, and a black cardigan.

I just put on slippers, it is so much easier. I only blow dry my hair and put it in a ponytail, and do minimal lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner.

When I get downstairs, it is already 10:45 and the gang will be here at 11:15. Quickly, I call up the deli to deliver our food.

It takes 15 minutes to arrive, and I get it set out on the coffee table.

Of course, as soon as I sit down to relax for a minute, the doorbell rings. I huff, standing up and open the door.

Chrissy pushes past me to get in, slams the door behind her, and locks it. "What's that about?" I question, giving her  a perplexed look.

"Four just pulled in beside me." She says, glaring out the window.

"He is probably just getting some of his stuff, relax." I say, unlocking the door.

I cover up my stomach with my cardigan, camoflauging my baby bump. "He is just bad news. You know you never should have dated a fan." Chrissy says, with that disappointed look on her face.  

I roll my eyes,"He was fine at first. Still, it doesn't matter now."

I see him walk up to the porch, and ring the doorbell. As I open the door, Chris goes to pout on the couch.

"Hey Tris. I had a box and some clothes I forgot to grab." He says. I notice his eyes dart to my stomach for just a second.

"Come in, don't be too long, the gang is coming over to help decorate for Christmas." I respond.

He jogs up the stairs, to his room. I sit back down beside Chrissy.

"See, he isn't the devil." I laugh, lightly punching her arm.

"I HEARD THAT!" He yells from upstairs.

We both burst out laughing, I clutch my abdomen, it hurts from laughing so hard.

After a few minutes, he comes down with a small boc filled with pictures and his clothes.

"Do you want your sweatshirts back?" I ask as he walks by.

"No, that's fine. I have enough." He responds.

"Where are you staying anyways?" I question.

"Its just a studio apartment, but it's enough," He replies,"By the way, what are those 'health problems' the director talked about?"

I go silent, before responding,"Its uh... gastritis. There is no way I could film with these problems."

He raises an eyebrow,"Is that why your stomach looks bigger?"

I almost think he figured it out, but I say,"Oh yeah, I am super bloated and and my stomach is swollen."

"Um...ok. Bye." He walks out with his box.

Once he pulls out of the driveway, I look over the couch. He dropped a photo.

I walk over to it, and gasp when I see it. It's of us when we went on a date to the carnival. He had already won me a teddy bear, and we had eaten cotton candy and hot dogs.
The sun was setting, so I wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel, and even if he was afraid of heights, he went with me. He snapped a picture of me laying on his shoulder as we were stopped at the top of it.