Chapter 28

I wake up to a tiny tongue licking my face. I laugh, opening my eyes to see who it is. My little puppy is so excited I am awake, and she climbs right under my arm. 

I sit up, stretching. I hear a soft meow as I move my body. My kitten is curled up right on my stomach. I grab her tiny body, and set her closer to my face. She stretches and looks right into my eyes. 

"Hello little one." I say, tapping her nose. She licks my nose. 

"Tris? Are you awake?" I hear a muffled voice from the other side of my door. 

"Um..yes? Who is that?" I ask, pulling my blanket above my  stomach. 

The door creaks open, and T-Four walks in. "Hey, sorry for the short notice, but I wanted to talk." 

My pup jumps of the bed, trips a little, and starts yipping at his feet. I push my hair back behind my ear, "Why? You were just here a few days ago when we were getting ready for Christmas, we could have talked then." 

He looks down,"You seemed like you didn't want me there. I am here now, can't we just have a while?" 

"Okay, whatever. Give me a few minutes to get ready and I can come downstairs. Do me a favor and take my pup out to the bathroom." I agree. 

He picks her up, and she licks his chin, "No problem." 

He takes her outside my room, and shuts the door behind himself. I place my cat onto the bed, and toss off the blanket. I know I need to wear something baggy, with my small frame and twins, at 10 weeks, my stomach looks like I swallowed a small melon. 

I find some black leggings, a black tank top, and a big grey sweatshirt. I put on some Christmas fuzzy socks, and grab my kitten before heading downstairs. Four is still outside, running around with the puppy. She rolls over, and he falls over on the ground next to her. 

I laugh, as she licks his face and bites his nose. Apparently Four hears me, and looks back. his cheeks redden, and he scrambles up with her. He walks over to the back door, "Sorry, she just reminds me of one of my old dogs." 

I grin, "It's fine. Come on, we can go sit on the couch." 

We set the two little ones next to each other on the couch, and then we sit on the other end. 

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask.

He scratches the back of his neck, "I know you probably won't ever forgive me for how stupid I am, but...I wanted to talk about at least being friends. It's been hell not even being able to talk to you without feeling guilty." 

My mood immediately dims,"Four, I won't lie, everything you did and said really hurt me. I still don't even know how to feel about everything." 

He frowns, "I don't know how many times I can apologize. There is no excuse for what I did, but I still love you. All I want to be is friends." 

I can't help but know how sincere his words are, how much he means what he is saying. I am not ready to completely forgive him, nor do I know if I'll ever be in a relationship with him again, but I know I can grant him this one wish. 

"Four, I...I think we can do that. Friends. Just don't make anything awkward." I say, confident. 

His smile grows,"Thank you, Tris. Thank you so much." 

"Oh, and one more thing. I need help with names for the little ones. I have some preferences but want to see if you agree." I say, smiling goofily. 

He chuckles, "Sure. What names do you want?" 

"Nala or Lilly for the kitten, and Izzy or Daisy for my little Corgi." I say, holding them both up, one in each hand. 

He plays with each for a few minutes, before saying, "I think Nala and Izzy." 

"That's what I was thinking. When I accidentally said Izzy yesterday she responded, so I think she likes that name." 

I pick up Nala,"Do you like your name?" 

She licks my nose, "I think that means yes." 

We play around with Nala and Izzy for a while, before Four speaks up again, "Tris, I do have another question."

I stop rubbing Izzy's belly and look up, "What is it?"

His looks because very serious, "What is actually going on? I know it isn't just little stomach issues." 

My breath hitches in my throat, "W-Why do you say that?" 

He raises an eyebrow, "Tris, people don't just pass out from stomach problems. What is wrong?" 

I instinctively cover up my stomach, "You don't want to know. It doesn't concern you." 

"But it does! Tris, I don't care what relationship we have, it is your health. I know something is wrong, and you have to tell me!" His voice raises, and I am not afraid to say it scares me. 

"Four! You really don't need to be so concerned about my god damn health! I am not dying, and that is all that matters! I know you care about me,  and I care about you too, but this is not something you should be bothered to worry about!" I yell. 

The two little ones cower back at the loud noise. Tob-Four is obviously irritated,"I don't want to get so angry, but I need to know. I am scared for you Tris, I just want to help. You passed out just from getting angry, this isn't right! Please, don't make me yell!" His last sentence is louder, and I know I can not avoid it. 

"Okay, you want to know what's really going on Tobias? I am pregnant with your children! Are you happy now?" I regret the words the moment they come out of my mouth. Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes. 

"Are....Are you serious?" His whole body stops, and I can not tell if he is happy, angry, sad, or what. 

"Yes. I didn't want to tell you, when I woke up in the hospital they said I passed out from a slight complication of the pregnancy. I am fine, as I said, you don't need to worry." I say, looking down. Izzy comes to lick me in the face, knowing I am getting angry...or sad. I can't tell. 

"Did you say, children?" He asks, still partially dazed. 

Oh god, I let it spill, "Yes, it's twins. I don't know what gender." I mumble, and take off the sweatshirt. You can evidently see my stomach. 

"Oh my god, I'm going to be a father?" He asks. I can tell now, he is happy. 

"Yes Toby, you are going to be a father." I say, now crying. 

He embraces me in a hug, which I do not shy away from. I let tears flow from my eyes, this tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders. He finally knows. 

We will have a family. Together.