Chapter 24

I scroll through the comments, satisfied what one single post has shown. Although I prefer not to encourage the ones calling Cory unspeakable names, I also sort of agree.

We got the online version of the article taken down, and they are working on changing out the copies in stores.

I am so happy with how this has turned out, and glad Tobias was cooperative. We got the word spread, and I couldn't be happier.

I slip out of bed, and go downstairs to get something to eat.

Instead of bothering Chef in his room, I find some pickles and peanut butter. Don't judge me, I have weird cravings!

I eat almost 10 pickles in 5 or 6 minutes, practically inhaling my food. I was thinking of starting shopping today, for the small baby shower. I will have the girls, my parents, Will, and Lynn's girlfriend, Lauren.

I pull out my phone and text Christina.

Hey Christina. Want to help me get stuff together? We need to make some party favors, and decorations. No need for disguises, we can say it is for a friend.

Yes! Tris agreeing to go shopping! Of course, I'll be over in 20. Gotta touch up my makeup.

Thanks Chrissy! See ya in a few!

I toss my phone on my bed, and shuffle through my closet. I get a loose fitting black tee, a lavender coat and lavender leggings. I slip on my combat boots and head downstairs.

Instead of waiting for Christina, I stand out front waiting for her. Her bright pink Ferrari pulls into my driveway, and I jump into the front seat, not likely the chill in the air.

"How has it gone with Cory?" She asks, pulling out.

I smirk,"Amazing. We even managed to pay them back to take down the articles. Even out if stores. I figured a little celebratory baby shopping is in order."

She squeals,"You never let me shop with you! I am just so excited!"

I laugh,"Of course."

She parks in the Expecting Mothers spot of the parking lot, and we rush in, avoiding anybody being suspiscious.

"Ok, let's go to the decor. I want to get doubles of every decoration, some blue, some pink. You can sit on the side you think the baby will be. I want streamers, signs, and I'm planning a cupcake gender reveal!" Christina says, bombarding my mind with plans.

I look perplexed for a moment, before responding,"Ok do that. I will get little party favors and baggies. Are you doing a diaper cake?"

She nods,"Both colors. Whatever diapers you want."

I head off to the party favors, grabbing little noisemakers, confetti poppers, little baby name suggestion cards, bubbles, different colored pencils, and the baggies.

I grab some pink and blue ribbon, and diapers. Christina meets me with a cart full of streamers, lanterns, and so much more.

"Is that enough?" I jokingly ask. She huffs,"I hope!"

I giggle,"Of course."

We head to checkout, having to wait in a line of 3 carts full of stuff. I don't mind much, and pull out my phone.

"Oh my God guys that's Tris Prior!" I hear somebody whisper. I turn around, met immediately with the end of a phone.

"This is gonna be all over Instagram!"
I cover my face,"Um...hello? Would you like to say hi with your face?"

She laughs, and pulls her phone lower. She actually looks like a nice girl, younger, maybe 16 or 17. She has a doll face, blue eyes, curly red hair. I notice her little baby bump.

I smile,"Hello..."
"Jess."
"Hi Jess! How are you?"

She smiles, giddy,"Amazing! Now that I have seen you!"

She reaches out for a hug, which I graciously give.

"Um, could I have an autograph?" She asks, pulling out a small folded picture of me.

"Yeah!" I sign it, wondering how she had one on hand.
"You are my inspiration. With all the hate you have gotten, and you still stay strong! I always have it with me to remind myself to be strong even in a terrible situation like this." She holds her stomach.

I lightly touch my own, and dart my hand down. "Might I ask..."
"Of course." She smiles at me,"I...It was fall break. I was being stupid. Just a teenager being drunk thing. Atleast something nice happened. When I told him I was pregnant he broke up with me. Said,"Deb is just a stupid teen! She's lying!" Dodged bullet I think."

I give her a quick hug,"I'm sorry sweetie, do you have everything you need?"

She shrugs,"I am working, and my mom is a waitress, we will manage."

I can't help but feel bad,"Well..." I pull out my wallet, watching as realization comes to her face. Her eyes water,"Are you serious right now?"

I grin,"Everyone can use help." I hand her 500 dollars, which is met with a burst of sobbing, and a grasping hug.

I squeeze her,"Anything for an expecting mother."

She pulls back, laughing,"You are so amazing. An irresponsible teen you meet in a store and you just...its amazing. On another note.. um... are you?"

My face goes blank,"Um. Shit."

"I won't tell I promise." She smiles.

I laugh, nervous,"Thank you Jess. If you need help,"I hand her a little card with my phone number,"Call me. Somebody in a similar situation to me, could use some help."

"I really have to go. My mom only has 15 more minutes." She gives me a final hug and a thank you, before running to the clothing.

"Damn Tris! That was so amazing!" Christina says, in awe.

"Did anyone listen?" I ask, glancing around. I know I was keeping my voice low, but I never saw if someone was watching.

"No. They were mostly minding their own business."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Lets hurry up before I get stopped by anyone else."

We check out as fast as possible, asking the cashier not to draw attention to us.  Once everything is in the car, we get out as fast as we can, heading back to my house.

Finally, things are starting to go up. Being able to help others, and celebrating my situation as well.