Chapter 41

I slip on a sweater and leggings, with a little bit of help, before grabbing what I can. 

"Are you ready to go babe?" Tobias asks, grabbing some of my gifts. 

I nod, "Ready as I'll ever be." 

Tobias brings me out of the room in the wheelchair. After a few days in observation, I'm finally going back home. The new family is supposed to be moving in to my house in a week, so I got doctors permission to drive to Chicago. Tobias didn't want to put me through so much stress, but I insisted. I want to get out of L.A. already. 

We go out the front door, and Uriah is driving my van. That's just, not safe. 

"Here's the crutches, try to get in the backseat." Tobias says, holding them up. 

I manage to stand up from the wheelchair, and grab the crutches. Uriah runs out to help grab my things. Tobias opens the door for me, and I climb in. My leg was crushed, and it's the only thing that is still affected from the crash. 

I struggle a little, but get into the seat. Tobias buckles me in, and gives me a kiss. I feel like a child. 

The boys get my things in the car, and luckily, Tobias gets in the drivers seat. 

"How are you feeling Trissy-poo?" Uriah asks, looking back at me. 

I shrug, "Like I was in a coma for a month." 

He laughs, and rolls his eyes. 

Tobias looks back at me for a second, then turns back to the road as he pulls onto the highway. 

"Tris, I have a question." 

I cock my head, "What is it?" 

Toby sighs, "What was it like, you know, in a coma?" 

That is something I haven't thought about since I woke up. It was so surreal, but the memory is stuck in my head. 

"Tris?" 

I shake my head, "Oh yeah. To be honest, it was insane. I was in this field, and when I was there, I didn't know who I was. Every time I woke up, I would get a little glimpse of my real life. I had to put it together." 

Uriah looks almost scared, "That's trippy. How did you wake up?" 

That was the part I didn't know if I wanted to tell them, but it was better now than never, "At the beginning, someone, a man, told me I had to decide. It was my decision on whether to live or die. It only felt like a few hours there, but apparently it was a month. I don't know where it was, but it was insane." 

They both look dumbfounded, it must have sounded insane. "That was before, all I care about now is my boyfriend and my babies." 

Uri pouts, "What about your favorite Uricorn?" 

I laugh, smiling, "Yeah yeah, I love you too." 

He smiles cheesily, making me giggle. We keep talking about nothing in particular until we get home. Tobias and Uriah grab my bags, and I make my way out of the car. 

I put my crutches on the ground, and then pull myself out of the car. My house looks almost different now, but I don't know why. It could be the rain clouds approaching. 

The guys open the doors, and I hurry to catch up. The second I step foot into the house, there are screams and cheers around me. All of my friends, and some of my family, jump up. I laugh, looking around. I've never had a surprise party before, and in all honesty, all I care about is the Dauntless cakes sitting on the table. 

"Hey everyone!" I say, putting on my Hollywood smile. 

Christina comes over to me, and gives me a suffocating hug, "I'm so happy to see you home!" 

Nala and Izzy start freaking out, and running towards me. I wonder who was taking care of them while I was in the hospital. 

I go over and sit on the couch, damn, using crutches while THIS pregnant is hard! Christina and Tobias sit on either side of me. "Babe, can I just have some Dauntless cake?" I ask, pouting my lip. 

He smiles, "Of course," leans over, and cuts off a fourth of the cake for me. 

I smile giddily, and dig in. Christina laughs at me, "Did you miss your Dauntless cake?" 

I swallow my piece, and grin like a child. I get a few more laughs out of people around me. Tobias looks at me lovingly, even though my face is covered in chocolate cake. After a half hour of catching up and cracking jokes, Tobias asks to speak with me on the kitchen. 

"Sure, what's up?" I ask, following him. 

As I go to grab my crutches, he knocks them down and picks me up bridal style. I laugh slapping his chest. 

He brings me over to the kitchen, and sets me down in a chair. 

"So, I've been thinking for a while, and we have been together through so much..." 

I smile, remembering it all, "Yeah we have, it's been crazy." 

He laughs, scratching the back of his neck, "Yeah, well after everything that's happened recently just put everything into perspective. And well.." Tobias leans down on one knee, and my face goes pale. Is this really happening? Tears brim my eyes. 

"I know it can't get better than you, so, Beatrice Prior, will you marry me?" 

I start crying, and fan my face, "Toby, I..I.. yes!" 

He slips the ring on my finger, and I can't stop crying. He pulls me into a hug, holding me tight. I know this is what I have wanted through everything that has happened, and now, my dream has come through. We will be a real family. All of us.