Chapter 36

3 weeks later

"Okay, but I like this design better." Christina debates, holding up an awful table cover.

"Um, no, that looks like something that my grandma would have on her sweater." I counter, pushing it back.

"Oh, you just aren't keeping an open mind." She groans, defeated.

I pull out a baby blue cover, with a sparkly swirling pattern, "Now this is perfect for the baby shower."

"I hate to agree, "She sighs, "But that is adorable."

I cheer in victory, "I told you my sense of baby decorating was better!"

"That's only because you have the damn things inside of you."

I ignore her little comment, and walk further down the isle, looking at party favor packs. We got what we could our first time shopping, but now we have to get whatever else we thought of in the few months since.

I find some cute little clear bags, one pack of pink stripes, one pack of blue polka dots. Having the party favors themselves already, it will be easy to pack these. Christina has drifted off to the baby clothes isle, naturally.

I head over to an area full of ideas for centerpieces, different bases and fillings for each.

"Christina?" My voice echoes through the store.

Her feet move rapidly towards me, "What's next on the list?"

My hand gestures towards the shelf, and her eyes light up. She starts explaining the planning process, but I really do not understand most of it.

"So, you want to have the same base, that is necessary. I would suggest the blue and pink patterned plastic vases, which have a lot of options to fill it with. I would suggest this pink tinsel for the bottom, and these fake pink roses to fill. Then, I have some glitter paint for those petals. That would be good for the girls, "She pauses for a breath, "Then for the boys, take the blue gravel for the bottom, and there are blue flowers that you can put matte paint on. That way, all of the center pieces look similar, but are unique for each gender."

I nod, acting as if I understood all of that, "Yup, go ahead and get what you need."

Her arms move like lightning, picking a specific amount and specific color of each item. In a mere few moments, the cart is filled up the rest of the way.

"Great, is that all?" I mumble, beginning to get impatient.

"Let's see, the first time, we got party favors, diaper cake stuff, streamers, balloons, signs, and chair covers. This time we needed table covers, party favor bags, centerpieces, paper plates, napkins and silverware, cupcake liners, paper, and the games. I think we have everything, and if not I will drive and get it myself." Christina lists off everything out loud, taking up even more time than I have.

Tobias and I are supposed to go on a nice date tonight, but I need to finish shopping in literally ten minutes so I have enough time to get ready. "Fantastic, now let's check out already!" I exclaim, rushing to the cashier.

I put things on the conveyor belt, as Christina grabs the bags from the end and puts them back in the cart. Finally, after 5 minutes, we rush out to my car and load everything in.

"I'm driving." Christina determines, jumping into the front seat.

I don't object, she is such a crazy driver she will get us back in no time. She starts the car, driving out faster than... well there was nothing faster. Her driving is reckless, but she has actually never crashed into anyone.