Chapter 29

I finish getting dressed, and head downstairs. Today is no doubt, going to be stressful. Christina is taking me shopping for Christmas dinner, to get things prepared. Chef has the whole month of December on paid leave, and I wanted to improve my cooking skills since I am going to be a mother to two.

It is 10:30 now, and at 3 I have to head over to do a talk show...which we may or may not have agreed to reveal the pregnancy at.

Tobias and I talked about it, and he is going to move back in once the little ones are born. We have no problem revealing what has happened, since the only original reason not to say anything was to keep it from him.

When I get back from the interview, around 6, I am having the gang over to watch movies, and a little bit of explanation. They are spending the night, and we are planning our Christmas for Monday. 

I check my phone, checking for a text from Christina. 

I'll be over in 15

That was sent 10 minutes ago. 

I rush back into my bathroom, and put my hair up in a bun. I grab my purse, wallet and phone, and check on my pets on my bed. They are both sleeping next to each other. 

"I have to go babies!" I whisper, picking them both up. I bring Nala to her room, and put out food and water for her. I close the door so she doesn't wreck the house. I put Izzy in her pen with a bone and water, and go downstairs. The two were so tired they went right to sleep. 

I walk outside into the slightly chilled air, and see Christina's car a few houses away. She pulls in quickly, and yells, "Get in loser we're going shopping!" 

I laugh, jumping into the front seat. She smiles at me, "Showing off that baby bump huh. I take it you and lover boy decided it was okay to tell everyone?" 

I nod, smiling. Christina was the first one to know about my conversation with Tobias. She is my best friend, I figured it was important for her to know. Right now, I don't care who sees me, I am proud of my babies. 

"I really like these clothes too. I feel like they fit well and look good!" I say, patting down the fabric of my top. 

I have on a tight fitted t-shirt with an ombre blue pattern, and black leggings. I have on knee high black boots and a black trench coat to go with it. This is an outfit expertly put together by the one and only Christina. 

"We have to get going now, I am taking us to Aldi's to get stuff." She says, pulling out. 

"So, have you ever cooked a Christmas dinner yourself?" I ask. 

"Once, when my mom was sick, she instructed me through cooking everything. It was actually pretty fun." She exclaims. 

"So then, what's on the menu?" 

"Hickory Ham, mashed potatoes,gravy, honey glazed carrots, stuffing, green beans, buttery rolls, apple pie, Dauntless cake and cherry pie." She lists. 

I write everything down in my phone, "Isn't that a lot for just the group of 9 of us?" I ask, looking over everything. 

"Well we have a woman eating for 3, and 2 Pedrad's. I think my calculations are right." She says, laughing. 

"Ok, you are right there." I giggle. 

She pulls into the parking lot, and finds a spot near the front. We grab a cart, and go inside. "Ok, I need you to get a bag of potatoes, carrots, fresh green beans, celery for the stuffing, apples, cherries and the ham. I will handle anything not in that section." She says, handing me a crumpled piece of paper with the items.