Chapter 37

"Come on Tris! It starts in twenty minutes!" Christina yells, pushing me through the living  room. 

"Do you have Nala and Izzy?" I ask. 

"Yes Tris, stop worrying, we need to go!" She says, pushing me out the door. 

I run to a new vehicle I got, a dark blue van, and get into the passenger seat. Nala is sleeping in her cat carrier, and Izzy is jumping around her tiny cage. Christina locks my door, and runs into the drivers seat. 

"So did the girls set up the tables?" I ask, as she pulls out of my driveway. 

"Yes, they got there an hour ago since I knew we would be late." Christina responds. 

Izzy starts whining, so I reach back and take her out of her cage. She happily starts licking my face, making me laugh. Christina puts a hand over to pet her, while still keeping her eyes on the road. 

Izzy curls up, as much as a corgi can, and starts to sleep on my lap. We reserved an small area of a convention building for the baby shower, and didn't invite too many people. Christina gets the leftover decorations out of the back of the van while I grab Nala and Izzy. They are getting so big, they are only a few months old. Since Nala is a Savannah cat, she is getting really big really fast, where as Izzy is still an itty bitty corgi baby.

I go into the room, seeing the only ones who arrived so far are Lynn, Lauren, Shauna, Marlene and my mom. 

"Hey guys!" I say, setting Izzy down to go run. 

Mom runs to me, squeezing my body in a bear hug, "I missed you sweetie!" 

"I missed you too Mama bear!" 

I let go of her, and watch as Izzy runs up to Lynn, jumping at her legs. She looks disgusting, nudging her with her feet. "It's a dog, Lynn, you pick it up and pet it." I laugh, walking over. 

Lynn really does look so much happier with Lauren. Her face doesn't always look like she hates the world, and she is always kinder. 

I pick up Izzy and bring her up to Lynn, "Hold her." 

Lauren laughs at her fiance, "Come on babe, it isn't hard." 

She takes her from my hands, and puts her on Lynn's shoulder. She look stiff at first, but smiles when Izzy licks her cheek. "See, she isn't a wolf." 

Lynn laughs, pulling Izzy to her chest. I smile, watching her warm up to something so fast is almost alien, Lauren was really good for her. 

"Tris, come get your cat!" Mom says, diverting my attention. 

Nala is pawing at the door with her long legs. I run over, and open the door, and she immediately pounces into my arms. She is already bigger than any normal cat, so it is a little hard to hold her in my arms comfortably. 

Marlene runs over to us, always a cat lover, and starts petting her. Nala purrs, and climbs into her arms. "You are such a pretty kitty, yes you are!" She gushes. 

I laugh, leaving her to play with the cat. Finally, I get a good look at the set up. There are six tables, each with the decoration Christina picked out, and an open area for games. I don't know everything Christina planned, but I just have to go with it. 

There is ten more minutes before people should even start arriving, and fifteen minutes after that is the official start time. I invited a few of my aunts and cousins, as well as some friends from various jobs. I am most excited about my best acting friend, Shailene Woodley. We always swore we were twins and Mom only took one of us, but there really isn't any blood relation. We still look exactly the same.