Chapter 21

I here a light knock on my door, waking me. It's still dark outside, who would bother coming over this late?

I drag my blanket around myself as I go to the door. The person I want to be here the least is standing in front of me.

Christina mumbles from back on the bed,"Who is it?"

"Nobody. Go back to sleep."

I walk out, and quietly close the door.

"What do you want Tobias? Why can't you just get your stuff and go?" I say.

All I can do is stare at my feet, unable to look him in the eyes.

"Tris, can't I explain? You walked off before I could finish talking." He insists.

"I don't know. You let her kiss you, and didn't do anything until I showed up. What kind of excuse could you make for that?" I mumble.

He lifts my chin to face him, but I dart my head away.

"Please, just give me five minutes!" He pleads.

I sigh,"Fine. But that's it. Let's go downstairs."

I slide down the banister, not wanting to walk down the stairs. Tobias trails behind me. I sit on the far corner of the couch, and let Tobias sit on the opposite side.

"Promise to listen?" He asks, reaching his hand towards me.
I pull away,"I guess. Go on."

"I promise it wasn't expected. I could tell she was flirting, but I was going to let her down easy." He starts.

Ok, I guess it's understandable so far.

"I honestly thought if I imagined it was you, it wouldn't seem so awkward. I let her go on, and when she kissed me I was so caught up in my mind, I thought it was you. It was pure mistake." He ends.

I am so confused. That's the bullshit excuse! He thought it was me?

"That's ridiculous. I thought you might be honest, but that?" I see the regretful look on his face, but it's not enough to make up for this.

"Goodbye. Pack your stuff, Get a hotel. I dont care. Just go away... Four." I spit the words like venom.

I get up, and go back to my room, holding back my tears. I can't believe I  gave him a chance and he came up with,"I thought it was you!" I tense up, aggressively stomping to my room.

I begin to feel nauseous, and start to get dizzy. I don't know if it's stress, but all I can make my body do is bang on my door. Christina opens it, looking bewildered that I wasn't in there.

"Tris? Are you ok?" She asks, putting my shoulder around hers.

"I-I d-" Is all I can muster before I loose control, and my limp body falls to the ground.

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●
I see someone yelling. A loud noise. Somebody I don't recognize. My head falls to the side, I see Tobias yelling at somebody. I black out.
°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●

I cough hard, and take in a deep breath. I look around, confused. Christina is sleeping on a pull out couch beside me.

There a balloons and bags on a small table beside my... my hospital bed?

"Christina?" I mumble. She sits up, and rubs her eyes. "Its too early. Who is that?" She asks.

"I-Its me." I reply. My body managed to sit up, but it's so weak.

"Tris! You're awake!" She exclaims. Christina jumps onto the side of my bed, and engulfs me in a hug.

I laugh, hugging her back. "What happened?"

She looks worried,"You came back to room delirious. You could barely walk, and then you passed out."

"Why did I pass out?" I ask.

"They won't tell me." She says, looking down.

"Well get them in here, so they can tell me."

She presses the nurse call button, and they tell us Dr. Martin will be here in 10 minutes.

I sit up my bed, and snuggle up in the blanket. I feel so hungry, but I'm guessing I'll have to wait for the doctor to see what I can eat.

Christina flips through a magazine as we wait. Finally, the doctor walks in.

"Hello Tris, how are you feeling?" She asks.

I shrug,"Hungry. A little sick still."

She smiles,"Well that's better than unconscious. So it seems that you were very dehydrated, maybe from stress. It is also partly a complication of the pregnancy."

I scream,"THE WHAT!"

She steps back,"Honey, you are 2 months along!"

So many thoughts go through my mind. When? Is that why I've been gaining weight? Well duh Tris don't be stupid. So that's why I've been getting sick so much.

Then it must've happened when Tobias and I got drunk. God I knew some thing would come from that.

I calm myself down,"Ok. Well, I guess, is the baby ok?" The words feel so weird coming from my lips.

"Yes. It is completely fine, and healthy." She responds, smiling.

I suddenly feel overjoyed, I have a tiny human growing inside of me. Another part of me. It's just so amazing. Although, there is no way to tell Tobias. We just broke up, and now I  figure out I am pregnant with his child. There is no way he would be ok with this.

"Well, when can I get out of this place?" I ask.

"We will keep you overnight for observation, and as long as there are no further complications, we can release you around noon tommorow." She explains, gathering her papers back up.

"Great. Thank you Dr. Martin." I grin.

She walks out. Well, I guess all I can do is be positive about the situation. I'll have to take it up with the director of our movie, but I'm sure they will figure something out. Besides that, I can't let this get to the media. They would tear me apart. Not to mention my breakup is probably all over magazines and talk shows by now.

"Tris? What are you going to do?" Christina asks, holding my hand. She crawled back beside me in the bed.

"Well, for starters, we have to keep this from the media. We can go baby shopping in disguises. Like, color contacts, hats, scarves. Nobody can know." I begin.

"Absolutely. Especially Tobias. We could keep it between the girls, but Zeke and Uriah are too unreliable." Christina responds.

"Definitely. So we can still have a baby shower with them. I'll tell my parents and they can help. I guess I will have to announce it one day or another, so I will wait until there is no hiding it."

Overall, I think the plan is ok. We confer for a few more minutes, finalizing plans. I guess this pregnancy isn't terrible at all. This situation is almost perfect. Almost.