Chapter 39

I pull into Christina's driveway, noticing Will's car isn't there. Well, I guess that we can have a girls day to ourselves. 

I park next to her car, and unload with my bag. With the van locked, I pull out her spare key and walk in. 

All I hear is sobbing...

"Christina!" I call out as I shut the door behind me. 

"I-In here!" She stutters, then blows her nose. 

I run over to her, just to find a pile of tissues and The Fault in Our Stars on her flat screen. That is so ridiculous, it is just a-

"Augustus Waters died eight days..." 

I start sobbing, without even realizing it. 

"T-Tris! Why does H-Hazel have to look l-like you!" Christina cries, letting another sob rack her body. 

I plop down beside her, "B-because it's Shailene!" 

We both are a mess of waterfall tears and tissues, and I just got into the house! 

My vision is blurred from tears as my hand moves around for the remote, and I turn it off. 

"Christina! I-if you are 14 weeks pregn-nant, don't watch this movie!" I exclaim, barely composing myself. 

She sniffs, "I'm sorry, I needed to cry!" 

I laugh, wiping my face. Christina pushes all of the tissues off of her, revealing her small baby bump. 

"How have you been with morning sickness?" I ask, trying to distract us from the cry-fest. 

She sighs, "A little better, I think it should be over soon. This little one is also quite the eater!" 

I laugh, putting a hand on my own stomach, "Imagine two. I literally ate two pizzas to myself last night." 

"Well, for three people, that seems like enough." 

Christina stands up, pulling me with her, "Come on, I needed you today. I have been housebound, and it is so stressful! Will won't let me leave because my mother had a lot of pregnancy problems in her family history or whatever." 

"Well, I did this advertisement with this spa downtown one time, so I get free sessions, do you want to go there?" 

Her eyes widen, "Are you kidding me? Of course I do! Face masks, pedicures, massages, sauna, it would be so relaxing!" 

I laugh, already knowing she would love to go. "Well, you should probably get dressed then, I can get you a bag ready." 

She gives me a grateful smile, and runs upstairs. I clean up her tissues for her, and then put her phone and charger in her bag. 

I love her, but geez Christina is such a mess! She comes down a few minutes later, makeup already done, and has on leggings and a flowing tank top. 

"Now that you've said it, I am too excited! Let's go already!" She exclaims, her feet moving rapidly down the stairs. 

I laugh, and we both go out to her car instead of mine. She drives, seeing that I could probably not even fit my belly in the drivers side, and we go to the spa. It is a locally owned spa, called Amity Aura. 

We park up front, and we walk in together. The owner, Johanna, smiles giddily when she sees me, "Tris! You're back! I haven't seen you in a while!" 

"I'm here now!" I run over and give her a hug. 

Christina jogs over to catch up, as we start talking, "How has everything been going? The spa looks updated!" 

Johanna says, "We had a few renovations, added a Jacuzzi, some new treatments, you know, the works. But, as always, you are the face of our commercials, pamphlets, and everything else."