Chapter 38

I pulled my arm back and landed a straight punch on his nose, snickering when the random guy collapsed onto the ground.

"Good one, Alessandra!" Dad yelled out, just finishing fighting another guy.

I grinned back at him and together we raced back the way I had come. We fought the people who were on Victor's side and by the time we were back where I started, my lips were bloody and my arm was aching. Probably from when I tripped and fell down the stairs, landing on some guy and knocking him out instantly.

I looked around the room, I could see my mum and Levin fighting, but I couldn't find Dakota or Victor anywhere.

"Go and look for your prince Alessandra, we'll be here." My dad said distractedly, his eyes trained on my mum, a lovey look on his face.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before I focused on my senses and followed Dakota's scent.

"Aless! Wait for us, we wanna kill the bastard too!" I turned around and paused to let Liam and Austin catch up with me.

"I hope you meant Victor and not my mate." I grinned jokily and pulled the, both into a hug, smiling into their shoulders at the comfort of familiar faces.

I quickly let go of them, just in time to kick some enemy guy who had his hand raised in a fist.

"Let's not hug in the middle of some battlefield." I suggested lightly, Liam and Austin nodding hardly.

I didn't bother telling them what to do, and so I just shifted into my wolf form, my white fur gleaming. I started running faster into the woods surrounding us, Dakota's scent becoming stronger and stronger. I didn't have to look behind me to see that Austin and Liam were following me.

I stopped suddenly and growled when I lost his scent. I moved my head around, my eyes wondering around. Austin and Liam stopped by me, growling quietly with concern.

What happened to my mate's scent?!

Just when I was about to change back into my original, human form, a body came flying out through the tree's from our left and landed by our feet, after crashing into a small tree and making it fall.

We all dodged out if the way, on alert, before we realised that the body that had been hit, or kicked, or thrown, was Victor.

I think we realised that at the same time, because we surrounded his weak, bleeding body quickly. I caught eyes with Liam and he gave me one single nod, making me yelp and quickly walk the way Victor had come out from.

This time I shifted back into my human form, maybe it was because there was a body laying there, or maybe because that body belonged to my mate! And he was all bloody and scratched.

I ran over to his body.

"Dakota! Oh my god, get the fuck up! You are not dying on me." I shouted out, slapping his cheeks lightly. I'm joking... I was slapping him hard.

Okay, even though I was enjoying slapping him, it was only because I could hear a faint heartbeat. So I knew he wasn't going to die. I think.

On maybe the fourth hit, a hand rose and grabbed my wrist.

I gasped in shock, and the tears I was holding back came loose and rolled down my cheeks as I hugged Dakota close to me.

"I thought you were dead! I'm so sorry, I love you! I love you, I love you, I love you!" I cried out, kissing his left cheek, forehead, right cheek and finally his soft lips.

He kissed back slowly, but pulled away and cringed.

"Your breath stinks like shit." He mumbled quietly, a small smile on his face.

I whacked his arm. "I haven't brushed my teeth in like... Argh! I didn't even think about my teeth!"

"Ow! Don't you realise that I'm already hurt and bleeding, I don't need your hits as well. Haven't you heard of the saying, never kick your enemy when they're down. Even though I'm not really your enemy."

I laughed and was about to say something when I heard yells from our right.

"I'll be right back." I stood up after giving him a quick kiss and ran back to where I had come from.

I growled when I found Austin and Liam knocked out on the floor and Victor standing.

"Hello, my beautiful, traitorous daughter." He grinned at me, but not out of amusement, more like mocking and malice.

"I'm going to kill you." I said, my breathing heavy and power surging in me. This witchy business is nice!

"Not unless I kill you first." He smirked out, and suddenly two figures came out from the shadows, standing in front of Victor protectively. "Or they kill you first."

I didn't know what happened next. I felt like I was on a cloud, and this red energy burst out of me, whilst I saw blue energy come out from in front if me. Ah, they were witches!

I tried holding on stronger, my red light coming out in a protective bubble around Austin and Liam.

I could feel my energy draining from my body as I felt weaker and weaker, my eyes struggling to stay open.

I let the darkness win, and I saw the red and blue lights disappear gradually. I felt my body hit the floor, but I felt no pain.

The last thing I saw was the cloudless, blue sky. It was beautiful.

Hey guys! How did you like this chapter?! What do you think happened at the end? Sorry for the late update. Please COMMENT&VOTE!!!!!!