Chapter 6

{Jahmir}

So many cars were at the school that it was hell trying to get a parking spot at first. I finally lucked up and got a spot in the front. A car had just left. We should have been here an hour ago, but Kaelynn took so long to get ready. She just doesn't realize how much of a natural beauty she is. I get that girls like change, but she doesn't really even need makeup. She has pretty clear skin, nice eyebrows, and long eyelashes already. Can't tell her that though. She would get offended.

I waited until I turned the car off to take my headphones out my ears. Even though I told Kayla to hush, she still continued singing and rapping to all of my music. She just improvised when she didn't know the actual lyrics. She was giving me a headache.

"Jay can I get the keys? I'm getting my schedule then getting the hell out of there."

Funny she said that. I was just about to hand her the keys anyway. I already knew she wouldn't want to stay in the school for too long. If she had her way, she would probably just drop out and be done with school altogether. Probably wouldn't get her GED or nothing. She's never told me just how much she hates school, I just know. There are a lot of things I know about her without her telling me.

Although I know her so well, I still can't seem to figure out why she's pushing me away so much.

"Can we go ahead and go in?" Kayla impatiently asked.

"You grown." I thought of what she said a few minutes ago. "You don't need us to walk in with you."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah but I think it would be cool if you open the door for me. See that way my friends over there can see it. It would look cool if they seen me with a senior."

Two seniors actually. I don't understand her. She claims to not like any of her female friends. The fuck she tryna impress them for?

I glanced at her in the rearview mirror as Faye took my keys out my hand.

"Girl I wouldn't care if Jesus was standing over there. I'd still make you open the door ya damn self. Ya hands ain't broke."

She groaned before getting out the car. While she was being fake with her so called friends, Faye and I entered the school.

There were two lists on the wall in front of the office. The lists were alphabetically split in half, and they tell us where out homeroom is.

Because both of our last names are on the lower half of the alphabet, we went to the second list. There were no other people standing there until were searching for our names.

Right when I saw that Faye and I have the same homeroom, someone's voice stood out to me.

"Damn Kaelynn. Between that thick ass weave and that thick ass head of yours, we can't see shit. Move the fuck out the way."

Before Faye could stop me, I made my way over to him. We were inches away from each other.

"Aye cut the bullshit bruh. It's senior year, just fucking chill."

Omar smirked at me. "Senior year and you still a simp ass nigga. You so fuckin lame that you can't even pull a bitch that can make three of you."

Just as I was about to knock his ass out, I was pulled away from everybody. I was about to push whoever it was, but then I seen that it was Harvey, my cousin.

"Bruh! Like you said, this is senior year. Don't let him get you in trouble on open house day. You can't control what people say, but they'll probably talk less shot if they see that you don't care."