Chapter 33

{Kaelynn}

An uneasy feeling washed over me as I was laying on the sofa. I got up and and went upstairs to my mother's room. Sure enough, she was sitting on her bed with tears on her face.

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DIDN'T WANT HER TO LIVE WITH YOU MIKE!"

My heart started beating faster as I listened to mom. Something must be wrong with Mikayla. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I don't want anything bad happening to her.

"NO YOU ARE TOO INCOMPETENT TO TAKE CARE OF A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD!... DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!"

I tried to be quiet, but she spotted me anyway. She motioned me in the room. Slowely, I walked over to her and sat with her. I wiped her tears, but new ones replaced them.

"THAT'S MY BABY TOO THOUGH MIKE!" She put her arm around me and squeezed tight. "Don't you dare tell me not to worry about my babies! The only baby I don't have to worry about is right here with me!"

Aww, she called me her baby. I haven't been her baby in fifteen years.

"Mom." I gently grabbed the phone from her hold. "Go grab a drink of water and take some deep breaths okay."

She got up and left out the room as I asked her too. When I put the phone to my ear, dad was still talking.

"Marsha I did not intend for this to happen. You have to believe me." There was so much pain in his voice. Something I'd never heard from him.

"Dad, mom went to cool off. What's going on?"

"Princess, hi. How are you doing?"

I was doing much better until a few minutes ago. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

"I'm fine. What's wrong?"

"Well umm... Mikayla is gone."

My heart dropped. I never knew I could be this worried about her.

"Gone?! What do you mean gone?"

"She spent Friday night with her friend, Penelope. When I went over there to pick her up, Penelope told me she left Saturday morning. So now it's Sunday night and she has been gone for over twenty four hours. I want to try and find her before I turn to the police."

I really want to shout at him and question why he hasn't called the police! She must have left for a reason. I'm pretty sure they would have better luck at finding her than we would. But... Now that I think about it, would they even look for her? They've proven time and time again that they can find stolen merchandise before they find and actual person. How the fuck they do that, the world may never know.

"Where have you looked?"

"I called all her friends' parents that I know. They said their kids haven't seen her. I went to a few parks, starbucks, the mall... places she would go."

Either she has hid really well, or somebody's lying. I'm almost sure she wouldn't answer if I called her. That doesn't mean I won't try though. Also, I'm going to try and contact her ex. Don't have his number, but I can just find him on Facebook.

"What are you doing now?"

"Just sitting in the parking lot of Lennox. This is killing me. I thought Mikayla and I had a better relationship than this. Nobody knows what made her run away. She could have came to me. I love all my kids so much, but I have a serious soft spot for you and Kayla. You two and your mother were literally all I had at one point. I won't be able to rest until I find my baby."