Chapter 45

{Kaelynn}

"Thank you so much Ms. Smith. I'll take this grade over the other one."

"No thank you Ms. Fletcher. Have a good break."

On the way out the door, Omar caught my attention. He came beside me and started walking with me.

"Wassup Kaelynn. Or what does Jay call you? Faye?"

This nigga has all the nerve in the world. He has been trying to speak to me all week. I don't have anything to say to him. He got my sister pregnant, then he wasn't there for her when she loss the baby. Every time I try to say something about her to him, he just changes the subject. He wasn't checking for me when I was bigger. Now, all of a sudden, he wants to flirt and act like we're friends.

He can miss me with the bullshit. Even if he didn't get my sister pregnant, I still wouldn't want him. I would rather want the dude I got. The one who has been here for me all this time.

"You will address me as Kaelynn or you won't speak to me at all."

He smacked his teeth then changed the subject. "Wanna grab a bite to eat? I got an hour before work."

He needs to spend an hour with Mikayla.

"When will you get it through your thick skull that I don't want you!" I stopped in my tracks and faced him. "You're worthless as fuck, you know that? All you do is get girls pregnant then leave them hanging. You did it to Mikayla, then you did it to Nia. Just stop. Stop trying to talk to me, acting like you didn't do anything wrong to my fucking sister!"

A few people started gathering around to be nosey. That didn't stop me from speaking my mind though. He is truly getting on my last nerves. I hate how he acts like he can pull any girl he wants. Not this one.

"What happened between your sister and I doesn't concern you. Nia doesn't concern you either. Nia is the one who fucking broke up with me. She lied about how far along she was, to hide the fact that she was cheating on me with another nigga. You think you know it all but you don't know shit!"

That expression, "how you get them is how you will lose them", just proved to be true as fuck. That means that she was cheating on Jay with two guys them. Then she was cheating on them guys with each other. I always knew she was a hoe. I still don't know what Jay ever saw in her. It pissed me off that he was with her. Even if it was just a few months. It was a few months too long. I always felt like he could do better than her. Now look at us.

"It does concern me! You don't have to deal with..."

I saw how everyone was staring intently at us, so I motioned for him to follow me. We found a more quiet place to talk.

"Omar, let me ask you this: Do you even know how Mikayla loss the baby?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "She told me she didn't want anything to do with me until the baby was born. Probably because I told her I wouldn't leave Nia for her. But Kaelynn, I was prepared to be in the baby's life."

If he's really serious, I won't know. It's easy to say he was ready to be in the baby's life now that there is no baby. I had no idea that Mikayla said that to him though.

"But you know she loss the baby?"

"She sent me a long message about it. She said she never wanted to hear from me again."