Chapter 42

(Kaelynn)

Waking up next to Jahmir felt amazing. He was going to go home last night, but I didn't want to be alone. One thing ended up leading to another and ended up making love to each other for a majority of the night.

I didn't realize just how tired I was until I checked my phone. It was already after noon. Not only that, but I had a lengthy text message from my dad. He sent it to me yesterday morning, but I'm just now seeing it. I left my phone by accident yesterday morning. I would have checked it when I got home, but I got busy. Literally.

As much as I would have loved to lay in bed with Jahmir all day, I knew I had something important to do today. I replied to dad quickly before getting out of bed.

After finding underclothes in my dresser, I made my way to the bathroom. My hair appeared to be a mess. I didn't feel like doing much to it, so I finger combed it up into a decent bun. I found some elasticts to tie around it then I tied one of my scarves around my head.

By the time I was done with my morning routine, Jahmir was just waking up. I couldn't help but laugh at him. He was attempting to tame his hair, but he just gave up.

"Good morning handsome." I smiled as I walked over to him.

He hugged me and pulled me down onto his lap. Any other time I'd be worried that I was too heavy for him. I was twenty five pounds heavier then. I'm still not at my ideal weight, but there's no denying that I've made amazing progress. I'm proud of myself.

He kissed me then rested his head on my shoulder and shut his eyes.

"Jahmir I know I did not wear you out that bad."

My laughing caused him to open his eyes again.

"It's not that. It's just... last night... well this morning was probably the most sleep I've got in the last week."

I've noticed how tired he has been lately. He has been acting kind of strange too. Last night was the first time we've spent time together this week. I can't help but think about the conversation the ladies were having last night. I'd like to think that maybe he has just been busy though.

"Really? You only slept for like five hours. What... Or who has been keeping you up?"

He narrowed his eyes at me before lifting his head up. Instead of answering me, he just stared at me.

"Well? I'm waiting for an answer. There has to be some reason you barely have been sleeping."

"Well I can clearly tell you're insinuating that I'm cheating. Not true. Only thang I done cheated on was a test."

I gave him an odd look then he sighed. "Fine. Tests. Multiple. Shit I had to get to senior year some way."

Even though I tried to keep a straight face, that made me laugh. I know he's lying. He's a very intelligent guy. He doesn't need to copy off anyone.

"But anyway... If I'm being truthful, I've been working more. I've been doing stuff for pops at the dealership. There's something that I'm saving up for."

He already has plenty of money though. It's bad, but I accidentally went snooping through his stuff one day. Okay, it wasn't an accident. But anyway, I seen a few atm receipts. I already knew he was well off anyway though. That just really confirmed it.

"Do you ever see any cute girls there? Ever talk to them?" Those questions shouldn't have came out my mouth, but they did.

"Yes and yes." He chuckled while pulling at the hair on his chin.