Chapter 46

{Jahmir}

Seeing Mikayla leave made me more sad than I expected. I didn't think it would have affected me that much, given that we'll still be able to talk to each other.

Her circumstances in life haven't always been the best. She always made it seem like everything was okay though. A part of me feels horrible not being able to see through her front. Nobody ever noticed a difference in her after she was raped. On the outside, she held it together so well. Inside, she was silently suffering.

Kaelynn and I planned on going to sleep early, but I couldn't. After laying down for an hour, I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to sleep for a while. I got up and went to get my book bag out my car. Ever since then, I'd been sitting on her patio doing homework. They damn sure gave us plenty to last us the whole break.

While I was trying to figure out my math homework, Kaelynn appeared in the doorway. I put my pencil down then placed my head in my hands. I'm not sure what evil muthafucka came up with Calculus, but they could have kept it to themselves. Calculus wasn't this bad at first. That's how pretty much every math topic is. It seems so simple until all these extra steps get incorporated.

I felt Kaelynn's fingertips lightly massage the back of my neck as she let out a small giggle.

"This is what you get for doing honors classes."

She says that like it's a bad thing that I wanted to do honors classes. Okay, I don't know if I was just excited to do them, but all of my previous teachers motivated me to do so.

"Honestly Jahmir, I don't get it." She came and sat beside me. "Why do all of those honor classes if you don't plan on going to college? It's a waste of time. You don't need to be that educated to stand in front of a camera and be cute. Pretty much all models are borderline brainless."

Why do I feel like the old Kaelynn is sitting beside me? Maybe I'm just trippin though. I can't lie and say I don't do that a lot. I think I just put too much thought into people's words. They say actions speak louder than words, but those words mean something too.

It's crazy that she would automatically assume I'm not going to college. That's one of the things that has been on my mind heavily lately. Then for her to just belittle models like that... What was the point? She knows that was something I liked to do.

Don't trip, Jahmir. You're always overreacting about everything. Just be cool for once.

Instead of responding to her, I continued doing my work. Before long, I felt her hand on my back.

"Please say you're not mad at me right now."

"So you admit that you sometimes say things to intentionally make people mad?"

She's human. Everyone does. I just want to hear her admit it.

"Not intentionally. It's just, I'm not that great at wording my opinions, I guess. But, I'm sorry, okay?"

I simply nodded then put my math homework away. I'll deal with that shit much later. I opened my binder, looking for my science homework. Right when I found it, she closed my binder and put it to the side. Sometimes my Kae Kae just won't let me great.