Chapter 35

{Kaelynn}

Jay:

Please tell me you're at home right now

I looked at the clock to see that it was nearing midnight. I was still out looking for my sister. My mom and dad both have texted me to go home. I want to prove to Mikayla that I can be a good sister though.

Jay:

Head home now. I'm about to take bighead to get something to eat then I'll drop her off at your house.

I didn't even text him back, but somehow he still knew that I was out. He knows me well I guess.

Me:

So you found her?? Where???

Jay:

👀👀 can't say 👀👀 I asked her to meet me and she did. But yes, yes I did.

Me:

❤❤❤❤❤THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤❤❤❤❤❤ I love you so much!

Jay:

Duh Faye 😂😂 Duhh. Luh you too or whateva.

I laughed at that. What guy says duh like that?

Now at ease, I was able to go home. Mom was laying on the sofa when I came in. I locked the door then went over to her.

"Hey baby." She lightly frowned as she sat up. "No luck, huh?"

"Well I didn't have any luck, but J-"

A knock on the door cut me off. I went over and opened it. It was so heart warming to see how happy mom got when Mikayla and Jahmir walked through the door. That excitement was short lived though. Both of us could clearly see there was some tension between the two. They looked mad at eachother, and Mikayla had clearly been crying. Something isn't right with this picture.

"Come here baby girl."

Mom got up and held her arms out for Kayla. Kayla burst out in tears as mom's arms wrapped around her. I don't recall ever seeing her this vulnerable.

"What's wrong with her?" I mouthed the words to Jahmir.

He started twirling a strand of his hair around his finger as he chewed his bottom lip. Now, I'm not too good at reading him, but I've known him long enough to know what this means. Either he is just extremely nervous, or he is getting ready to lie. It could mean a combination of both though.

"I'm waiting." I said out loud as I folded my arms across my chest. I didn't actually mean to.

"Waiting for what?" Mom questioned.

"Waiting for me to go. Catch you later Ms. Marsha."

He was about to leave, but I stopped him by standing in front of the door. He was acting far too weird. His texts made it seem like everything was okay.