Chapter 51

{Jahmir}

"Thank you again Jahmir." Kaelynn said as she hugged me around my neck. She kissed me, but I didn't really kiss back.

I wouldn't have had to bring her to work if her car wasn't in the shop right now. We just took it this evening, so she doesn't even know what's wrong with it yet. It'll crank up but it won't stay on, so we had to get it towed to pop's shop.

"You're welcome." I said as I held the door open for her.

"Hey ladies." She happily spoke to everyone as we walked into my cousin, Celita's hair salon.

"Hey everyone." I spoke. Didn't really feel like it, but it would have been rude not to.

"Jahmir! Hey, long time no see!" Celita greeted me as she gave me a hug.

"Hey how you doin?" I asked.

"I'm okay." She smiled as she ran her hand over my ponytail. "All this pretty hair you got. You really need to let me braid it for you sometimes."

Some people would probably have a fit to have someone touch their hair. I'm not like that though. I don't like for just anybody to touch my hair, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum about it.

"Maybe one day cuz. You heavy handed though." I frowned. "Them Africans ain't got nothing on you though."

That caused a couple of laughs. She playfully nudged my arm. They know exactly what I'm talking about. I used to let Celita practice braiding on my hair all the time when we were younger. I used to always take it right back down too. Them headaches were something serious. I could have just told her that she couldn't use me anymore, but she used to be so happy when I agreed. She always would tell me how it was because of me that she could become a master of her craft. Of course she gave me far too much credit though.

"Yeah yeah whatever."

"Love you cuz." I gave her a kiss on her cheek before going over to Kaelynn. "Just text me when you're almost ready, okay?"

"Okay." She smiled as she kissed and hugged me again. "I love you."

She sure has been acting different these past few days. Makes me wonder why. She went from treating me like shit, to treating me like she actually loves me. Maybe she just knew she was wrong for how she was treating me. I don't know. Any other time I would be happy to hear those three words from her, but today, not so much.

"Love you too."

Exiting the shop, my eyes wandered across the street to a floral shop. I had every intention of getting in my car and leaving, but somehow I ended up in the shop. Seeing all the different colors and types of flowers brought back so many memories.

"Hi sir, welcome to Flo's Florals. How may I help you?" An elderly lady asked. She had a big smile on her face, but that didn't seem to hide her confusion. She probably isn't used to seeing many males in here, let alone a teenage boy. I don't even know why I'm in here.

I glanced around a little more until my eyes connected with the prettiest flowers ever.