Chapter 52

{Jahmir}

"Why do other people want to be just like us and do last minute Christmas shopping?" Kaelynn ranted as we walked through the mall. The mall usually is crowded all the time, but today this mall looks like a typical sidewalk in New York. At least how they make it look in movies.

"Well we could have went Black Friday shopping." I reminded her. Pops didn't want me sitting in my room all sad and depressed, so he made me drive him to multiple stores Thanksgiving night. That was when I got presents for family. At least the people I wanted to get stuff for.

"For all you've got so far, I can't tell you even went." She gestured to my hands.

"I'm not done shopping for my angels yet. I got the toys, but not the clothes and shoes."

Every year, Kelly makes sure that the children who are frequently at the help center, have a good Christmas. She has this angel program. She takes pictures of each individual kid. On the back of the picture, she writes their age, gender, what they need, and what they want. What she does is very similar to The Salvation Army's Angel Tree program. It's such a great idea, because the parents really can't afford to give their children what they want.

"I already have the things for my angel. I had to make sure I wouldn't forget."

How can you forget such a beautiful child?

That made me smile. For Christmas this year, I told everyone who asked me what I want, that I wanted them to get an angel. I have all my basic needs, and I have a lot of what I want. Those kids aren't fortunate to have all that I have, so the best present for me would be for them to be blessed. I got ten people to agree to having an angel.

"Any other store?"

"MAC." She responded as we were approaching the store. "Even though I already shipped Mikayla's gift, she would be happy to get the new collection they just launched."

When we went in the store, my phone started vibrating. I got it out my pocket to look at it.

Kelly:
You are so sweet you should spend your day with your family. We will be okay here.

Me:
Well I insist on helping. I would still be home in time for family dinner, so it will be okay.

A-J-A-Y:
No I still haven't spoken with him. I don't know what to do at this point. I just wish all my problems would go away.

Me:
As much as you want them to, they won't unless you do something about them. If you feel it in your heart that you will always resent him for what he did, then maybe you should just break up with him. That has to be a hard pill to swallow.

That day in the cemetery went very unexpectedly. AJay, the girl I met that day, and I just kind of started venting to each other. We were explaining to each other why we were even in the cemetery. Her mother figure passed away while she was in a juvenile center. They didn't notify her when it happened, she had to find out when they finally figured out she didn't do the crime they said she did.

After that happened, a lady took her in. Through staying with the lady, she developed a relationship with her son. Their relationship was going well until he cheated on her with a girl from out of town. He didn't tell her, but somebody else recently let her know that the girl is currently pregnant. Now she just doesn't know what to do.

A-J-A-Y:
If this happened to you, a girl had a baby on you, what would you do?

It's really hard to say what anyone would do in a situation like that. You never really know how to react to something until you're going through it. To me it seems like an unforgivable thing to do, but I really don't know.