Chapter 16

{Jahmir}

Finally, the first day of senior year was finished.

Honestly, I have no idea how I'm going to get through this year. I have four classes with Omar. Not only that, but we sit close to each other in each one. He tried me in every single one of them too.

I've done the responsible thing and told the teachers that he and I don't get along. All of them have said similar shit. They were saying that if they see a problem between us, they will move us. I may just have to go to the guidance counselor and let them know. I don't want anything getting in the way of me graduating this year.

It's funny how they have a zero tolerance policy, but they aren't trying to listen to me. Guess they want to wait until we get into another fight before they do something.

Neither Kaelynn or Kayla said anything when they got in the car. I expected that much from Kaelynn. Kayla was supposed to be talking non-stop about her first day of high school though. Maybe it didn't go as well as she hoped for it to go.

When we got to the dealership, their mom was already there. She came over to us as we were getting out the car.

"Hey kids!"

I gave her a friendly hug then excused myself from them. I'm sure she was about to ask them about their day and all.

Entering the dealership always brings back so many memories. I remember being so interested in all the cars as a kid. I used to follow pops around and observe as he made sells. He would always break down the payments however they felt comfortable paying them. He would use his charisma, charm, and wits to make sells.

Nothing's changed really.

"Jay!"

I turned and seen my dad standing with some customers. An elderly looking woman and a girl who looks to be somewhere around my age.

I walked over to them and immediately introduced myself. "Hello." I put my hand on my chest. "I am Jahmir."

"Hi handsome." The elderly woman spoke. "I am Ellen and this is my granddaughter, Janine."

Pops smiled then put his arm around my shoulder. "Hey what a coincidence. My adorable, single kid's name starts with a J too. And it's six letters too. Six starts with an S. Much like single. What he is."

The two ladies giggled, but I gave him the side eye. It's almost as if he wants me to have a girlfriend. I can't really understand why though. I just got out of a relationship. I'm in no rush to jump right back into one, unless...

"Oh look, there's Vince with the car. Ladies come. Don't worry Janine. Jahmir's single behind will be waiting right here. It's not like he has a date." Pops chuckled as he let me go. "Love you kid."

I just shook my head as he walked away with them. That man right there really is something.

I was about to go to his office, but I saw Kaelynn sitting in a chair in the lobby. She just doesn't understand. She is absolutely gorgeous without even trying.

"You didn't wanna look at cars with your mom and sister?"

"Obviously not. Matter of fact, I should just leave them. Mom gave me her old car. She already picked her new one."