Chapter 21

"Good morning Ms. Smith." Mr. Aspen greeted me on my way in the classroom.

I simply kept my head down and went to my desk. I didn't really want to look at any of the other students that were already in the classroom. I get nervous at the thought that they were probably staring at me.

First period is always awkward. Especially since my seat got moved. I'm happy to have a seat in the back now though. A student couldn't see, so he swaped me with them. The only problem is that I sit in front Jahmir. Also, I sit right beside Omar.

As I waited for class to start, I wrote in my notebook. Jahmir does, or did, like poetry, so I was attempting to write him a poem. An apology poem. Mikayla hated my apology letter though, so this won't get to Jahmir. I can at least write my feelings down though.

Seems like all I've cared about is my feelings. I'm always in my feelings. I don't stop to think how my actions and words may effect other people. It isn't always about what I feel. I can't help how I feel though.

Omar and Nia came in at the last minute as usual. I guess they do that to try and make people jealous. I think it works too. By no means do I actually want Omar, but they seem to have a good relationship. Something I probably won't ever experience.

"Okay good morning class." Mr. Aspen started passing papers down each row. "Today I figure we could do a review over the things you all should have learned last year. I'm going to make you all work in pairs for half of the class. Then we can go over them as a whole. Pick your partners now."

Ugh, here we go with this again.

I'm always the one that gets left out. No one jumps at the opportunity to work with me. I'm just so shocked by that.

Everyone started moving their desks around to sit with their partner. So many girls went over to Jahmir trying to be his partner, but he ignored them all.

Soon, everyone had their partners. Everyone but me of course.

"Mr. Phillips and Ms. Smith, you two can work together. Turn your desk around and face his, Ms. Smith.

Great.

"Can I just work by myself?" Jahmir mumbled as I stood up. He was playing with his lead pencil. A few of the other students started laughing at his question. Probably because I'm the ugly, fat girl that nobody wants to be bothered with.

Mr. Aspen must not have heard him though. He simply went and sat back at his desk. Of course Omar did hear him though.

"Trouble in paradise? Why ain't you happy to work with ya hog man? Mad at her for eating all the breakfast this morning or something?"

Nia's stupid ass started laughing. I've always hated her high pitched, squeaky laugh. Like nobody really laughs like that.

"Bruh shut your stupid ass the fuck up." Jahmir said as he stood up.

He took a few steps towards Omar, but I placed my hand on his forearm. His angered gaze scanned over me for a brief moment. He then snatched his arm back and moved my desk for me. I'm not sure why he's so upset.

"Thanks."

He shrugged then sat back down. I sat back down, just staring at him. He started doing his own work by himself, so I did the same.

Obviously he doesn't want to be partnered with me. It hurts my feelings how distant we've become. As much as I tried to flip everything on him, I know that this is my fault. Most things are my damn fault.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

He kept right on writing.

"I'm sorry for being so selfish." I said even lower.

Still, he kept writing. I'm not even sure if he heard me or not. I was a little nervous to speak up.

"Damn man! This girl done apologized for eating up all the food up. Just buy some more, rich boy. You ballin'."

Oh, Jahmir didn't hear me, but he glared at Omar when he started talking. Everyone in the class busted out laughing, which got Mr. Aspen's attention.

"Class what's goi-"

"Why can't you learn to shut your muthafuckin mouth?!" Jahmir cut Mr. Aspen off when he stood up and stepped to Omar. Omar stood up right away.

Within a few seconds, Mr. Aspen was right between them, facing Jahmir.

"Mr. Phillips that kind of language is not tolerated in my classroom. I've tried to tell you that already."

"Just like I tried to tell you that me and him don't get along."

I tried to say something, but Mr. Aspen spoke first.

"That doesn't give you the right to use profanity. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to send you to ISS. You can go."

"But..."

"I don't want to hear it."

Jahmir came back over to his desk.

"Jahmir I'm s-"

His furious glare discontinued my sentence. He put his things back in his bag. Just as he was about to leave the room, Omar had to open his big mouth.

"Your feet probably hurt. You should ride your mule to ISS." He gestured towards me which made pretty much everyone in the class laugh.

Mr. Aspen had to restrain Jahmir. He was extremely close to attacking Omar. I've already told Jahmir to not let Omar get to him. Especially not when it comes to me. I'm not worth fighting over or getting mad about. Not only that, but I'm not worth getting in trouble for

Omar laughed his ass off once Mr. Aspen and Jahmir was outside the classroom.

I let out a sigh and hung my head low. I should have spoken up. Maybe then he wouldn't have got in trouble. Having in school suspension the first week of school isn't good at all.

Great, now Jahmir probably hates me even more.