Chapter 25

{Jahmir}

What if... What if...

I don't know. It's like I can't shake the certain feelings I've been getting lately. I've been wrong before, but what if I'm actually right? That would be crazy. I...

My thoughts were cut short when my phone vibrated. It was Kaelynn telling me that she would meet me a little later. Said she didn't feel too well, and that really sparked my curiosity. She needs to go to the doctor really damn quick. Anything could be wrong with her. She's been having really bad mood swings. She always complains about her weight. There has been times when she told me she gets bigger every single day. I'm not going to act like I don't see her face getting slightly fuller.

What if...

"I gotta get this girl to a doctor really quick." I said out loud as I texted her back.

I got up then walked out my room. Right when I did, I saw a very disturbing sight. Pops was walking out his room in boxers. Ellen walked out in a robe. They were making googly eyes at each other, until they seen me. It's like I always walk in or walk by at the wrong time.

"Umm, go start breakfast. I'll be in there to help soon."

She kissed him then walked away without saying anything. When he turned to me, I started pretending to gag as I held my stomach.

"Oh boy please! How you think your dad got here? How you think you got here? Ellen is just thanking her man."

Why did he just put visuals in my head?! Imagine if I would have walked in on them. I would have probably gaged my damn eyes out afterwards.

"See one day you'll learn all about all that. You still being a virgin and all."

I tried not to let my facial expression waver, but he was wrong. I'm not a virgin anymore. Haven't been for a while.

"RIGHT?! MY. SON. IS. STILL. A. SEVENTEEN. YEAR. OLD. UNDERAGED. VIRGIN, RIGHT?!" He was clapping in between every word. "MY. SON. DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. BREASTS. OR. A. DONK. LOOK. LIKE, RIGHT?"

I cleared my throat. "Oh would you look at the time!" I said looking at my naked wrist. "I better get going to the shoot."

I was about to walk away, but something crossed my mind.

"What is she thanking you for pops?"

"Oh boy you nosey." He wrinkled his nose. "But if you must know, I'm going to go ahead and pay her house off. That way she'll already own it. But don't try to change the subject!"

That house is right across from ours. Looks similar. I know it must cost around the same that his did. I'm all for giving, but that's pretty extreme. There are so many other things he could do with that money. But the fact remains... It's his money.

"Right so, I'm gonna go. Later pops."

Even though he kept saying something, I left.

*

*

*

*

{Kaelynn}

I'd been feeling pretty bad this whole morning, but I promised Jahmir that I would meet him. As soon as I walked in, I knew exactly what he wanted me to do: a photo shoot. This is his thing, not mine. I want to start doing right by him, though. That's why I'm doing my best to keep a positive attitude through this hair and makeup process.