Chapter 53

{Kaelynn}

As I laid in bed awake pretty much all night, I had a lot of time to reevaluate my life.

This isn't the life I should be living. I'm going back to my old ways, and there's honestly no reason for it. I have a good job, I'm on track to graduate, and I have a really good boyfriend. Even though he has a new female friend, I honestly don't even get a bad vibe from him. He's been truthful with me this whole time. I can tell. He is completely correct too. His calling in life is to help people. He is such a kind, giving, patient person. The way I treat him is completely uncalled for. He deserves so much better than me. Even though I should, I just can't let him go though.

Before getting out of bed, I picked my phone up. On the way out the door, I checked my messages.

BaeJay:
Kaelynn I love you so much. Sometimes love just isn't enough though. We need to sit down and have a real heart to heart.

See, I need to do better. He doesn't even deserve to feel that way. He's in love with me and I'm the worst person in the world.

Eric:
Have you told him yet?

Those five words made my heart sink. It brought my mind back to one particular day.

*
*
*
*

{Flashback}

Kaelynn hugged and kissed Jahmir before leaving his house. She walked over to her house and went in. Not even ten minutes into her homework, the doorbell rang. She knew it couldn't be Jahmir, so she had no idea who it was.

When she opened the door, there stood a furious Eric and a nervous Harvey.

"Hey." She nervously smiled. "What brings you two here?"

"We have to talk right now." Eric said as he invited himself in. Harvey followed behind him. He looked towards his grandfather's house before shutting the door.

As the three of them stood in the foyer, Kaelynn already knew she was in big trouble. She could tell by Eric's whole demeanor.

"So... does anyone want to explain to me why I seen both of y'all trying to sneak out my house a few days ago?"

Harvey and Kaelynn looked at eachother. Neither of them said a word. Guilt was eating them both alive.

"I can just go get Jahmir and let him ask."

He was about to go towards the door, but they both put their hands out to stop him. The last thing they wanted was anybody else knowing about the situation.

"We were both drunk!" I blurted out. "It was a mistake."

"Neither one of us barely remember what happened. That's wh-"

Eric did the most unexpected thing. He punched Harvey so hard that Harvey stumbled back. He groaned and held his jaw, but he didn't even bother bucking back at Eric. He knew he deserved that and so much more.

"Why the fuck would you do that bruh?! You don't know how good you got it. It's hard to find a loyal, faithful female these days." His gaze shot to Kaelynn. "Yo hoe ass wouldn't know shit about being faithful. Why the fuck would you do that to my cousin? He ain't been nothing but good to your dumb ass."