Chapter 47

I can't help but smile back because he's right. I've never called him by his first name; he's only been The Watchman to me...this whole time.

"I think I can do that." I whisper, looking up into his incredible eyes. His massive arms wrap a little tighter around my waist and suddenly, I don't care how crazy this is or that I hardly know anything about this man—because truth be told, I've wanted him from the beginning. And right now, that's enough.

He slowly leans down and I swear he's about to kiss me as an intense pulse between my legs nearly shatters me and I almost lose my breath. The closer we become the more I can smell his delicious, sultry skin of musk mixed with sky and a touch of evergreen or maybe rosemary, it doesn't matter—we're only inches apart and I can almost taste his masculinity.

My eyes flash open when I suddenly hear movement from behind me. Dominic immediately pulls back and I can feel his body tighten.

We're not alone...

"Hello Katie." Zack says, startling me out of the sheer bliss I know I was about to experience. "I see Dominic brought you back to me as I instructed."

Dominic loosens his hold, allowing me to turn around. Zack's timing totally sucks, I'll admit, but the second I see my brother again I don't even try to stop myself and run straight into his arms. "Zack!"

He hugs me tightly then lets go before I'm ready and locks eyes with me, holding me steady with his hands. "You can no longer be without our full protection." he stops and looks up at Dominic. "They can't know where she lives for the sake of the other family members."

Oh God, he's talking about Aunt Kelly and Uncle John.

"I agree, Master." Dominic says, quickly glancing back at me before pulling the hood over his head like he's back to being on guard. My heart instantly drops as he begins to walk through the large cave opening and doesn't look back. Not even once.

I want to run after him. I don't want to be apart from him ever again and I'm not entirely sure why. I mean, I know I really like him but I've never felt this way about anyone. Ever. My mind is racing but before I can fully grasp why I'm so bipolar about Dominic, Zack takes my hand.

"He has bonded with you but do not worry, he will be back." he pauses. "You and Dominic are now one." he says.

Okay, wait a second...

"Marked. He said he marked me." I insist.

"Yes. Which means you will feel his thoughts and emotions and he will feel yours. That is why you longed for him to stay."

"H—how did you know..."

"It is how being bonded with someone works in our world. I could see it in your face, even in your body language."

"Wait. Are you saying we're like..." I pause because I can't believe I'm about to say the next word out loud. "Married—or something?"

Zack smiles and squeezes my hand, "Sister, this goes way beyond simple mortal marriage. You are eternal mates."

Holy

Crap

On

A

Cracker

"What in God's name—hold on, Zack!" my hand goes up. "I'm only seventeen!" I shout, tearing up because I hate the words coming out of my mouth. I want Dominic. Badly. But this, this is too much.

"Katie, calm down. It is your destiny. You have no choice in the matter."

"But--." I lock eyes with him again. "I thought it or, I mean, me dating Dominic...or shit, whatever this is, was forbidden."

Zack cocks his head and smiles slightly. "You are our Seraph Sovereign, now. You may mate with whomever you please."