Chapter 78

Without saying a word, I stand up, turn around and walk straight toward the door.

"Katie!"Zack calls after me. "Where are you going?" he asks but I ignore him. I'm on a mission to find Dominic, as what feels like rolling hot lava begins to burn it's way through every vein in my body. I've had it. I've finally lost every ounce of patience I had left.

Scanning the torch lit hallway, I realize before anything, how loudly the souls of my four-inch heels amplify my rising temper as they echo off the walls and down the corridor. I barely notice people stopping where they are to bow or curtsy as I continue on my quest to find Dominic and Victoria.

There are so many hallways and rooms it's hard to know which way to go and I wish like hell I had made Dominic or even Zack show me around before now.

"Your Majesty..." I hear from a man in a brown cloak who stops walking toward me and bows as I walk by. Trying my best to smile and nod, I suddenly hear whispering voices becoming louder the closer I get to a room I haven't yet reached. Maybe it's him. Maybe it's both of them doing God knows what and instantly, I can feel my body start to tremble as I slow down and stretch my neck to take a peak. Out of nowhere, a hand gently takes my arm and I whip my head over my shoulder and see the familiar black cloak shrouding the man I love. He effortlessly pulls me with him into a room across the hall and it's like we're in fast motion when he suddenly stops, glaring down at me.

"Why are you without a chaperone." He says in a low, heated tone.

Hold up, he doesn't get to be mad.

"What?" I whisper-shout, pointing my finger at his chest. "You left our room without a word or explanation to chase after a woman you've clearly had a past with and you're pissed off?"

Dominic's brows push together and his eyes dart around like he's wondering if someone is spying on us when reaches past me and shuts the door.

"It is not the time or the place to have this conversation." he says, narrowing his eyes.

"Not the time or place?" I shout, placing my hands on my hips. "When will it be the right time or place, Dominic? Never? Because all the secrets, all the things I still don't know is exactly the shit I've been getting! Nothing, no explanation, nada!"

"Lower your voice!" he growls in a whisper so close to my face, I almost forget how upset I am. "This place, our Realm," his eyes go up, "is sacred and there is no tolerance for school-girl drama." he bites out.

He did NOT just say that.

I take in a full, deep breath, attempting to calm myself but change my mind and decide to let him have it. "Fine, you don't want drama, you don't want my immature school-girl bullshit?! Fantastic, because I'm done! You can have your precious little girlfriend and her prefect freaking petite body and everything else in this God forsaken place and shove it straight up your ass!" I say, managing to keep my voice under the shouting threshold.

He cocks his head as his eyes change from slightly reddish brown back to their normal brownish yellow, and his face tightens up. Instantly, my eyes drop down to his lips as they slowly curl into a mischievous smile. "Wait. You think Victoria and I are..." he pauses and begins to laugh like I've told him the funniest joke on the planet.

Huh?

"What's so funny?" I ask, trying like hell to keep from smiling because it's true what they say about genuine laughter. It's contagious.

Shit.

"You are." he whispers, pulling me so close I can smell the delicious scent of his warm, masculine skin. God he smells so good and I try to wiggle my way free, remembering how furious I am, or was but he tightens his hold as his soft lips barely touch my ear, "You are mine. You will always be mine. And trust me, you have absolutely nothing to worry about."