Chapter 62

"I—I don't know what to say." I pause, pulling back to look him in the eyes. "I mean, you told me I was the Queen but I certainly didn't feel like one. Heck, I'm pretty sure I forced it out of my mind because I didn't believe it, either." I pause, glancing around the room and then hold the mirror back up to my face. "But now—it's all starting to make sense. The bond we share and the fact that I could actually breathe life back into you..."

"That is your biggest gift" Dominic pauses as the expression on his face becomes more serious. "But you need to use it wisely." he turns and looks away like it's painful to talk about. "You must be certain the person you save is worthy."

"Worthy?" I repeat.

"Yes—otherwise, the process will take too much out of you."

"Okay, so, I take a nap..."

"It doesn't work that way." Dominic interrupts, taking the mirror from my hand. "Saving someone unworthy could kill you." his eyes go wide.

Gulp.

"So you're saying as long as I don't try to save a Demon or someone evil, I'll be fine?"

He glances at me with apprehension but I keep going.

"I mean, now that I can sense things and the fact that you'll always be close--it shouldn't be rocket science." I rattle off, trying to make it sound a little less ominous in my head.

"Partly true, yes." he confirms. "However, like yesterday, I was not able to be at your side."

He's right. Aunt Kelly and I were on our own. But we did manage to fight off the Demon who had taken over Uncle John.

"Thankfully, Malum is dead." Dominic chimes in. "He is, or I should say, was the most powerful Demon in the underworld...but there will be more and we must be prepared." he takes my other hand.

"Like getting more crystals?" I ask and his eyes instantly lock with mine.

"Let me worry about those." he bites out, like that topic is off limits.

Note to self, don't talk about the crystals. Check.

"Well." I take a deep breath. "I guess I should brush up on my fighting skills and learn some Latin." I smile, trying to lighten the mood.

"That will all come to you naturally, because soon, you will discover more abilities with your physical body and also begin to easily interpret different languages."

Yes..I actually did free myself from Uncle John's grip.

As if reading my mind, Dominic grins and nods slightly. "Yes, you can also teleport."

"I thought it was Aunt Kelly who helped me escape but it was me...I did that?" I whisper, trying to think back to everything that happened. "Wait, the knife." I blurt out. "It practically ripped it's way out of Uncle John's hand—that was Aunt Kelly?"

"Yes, her gift, among many others is telekinesis." he confirms and my mind begins to race with more questions.

"Will she transform?"

"Yes, but not as significantly as you."

"Will her eyes change?"

"They already have. They are no longer brown, they are green."

Holy crap.

"Okay, but I don't understand how she already knew Latin." I admit, mesmerized by his yellow-brown eyes as my gaze drops down to his sexy, plump lips.

As if he can sense I'm slightly turned on, he smiles and scoots a little closer. The intoxicating scent of his skin drives me over the edge and sends a strong pulse between my legs.

His lids instantly grow heavy and I know he's feeling it too as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me close enough to kiss but finishes answering my question. "Her transformation had already started before the attack. It is typically gradual, except for Seraph Masters and you, of course." his voice low and deep.

I smile, looking into his eyes but don't say a word. I want him to kiss me. I want to feel his body against mine.

I want him like a woman wants a man.

Instantly, like he heard my thoughts, he leans in and tenderly touches his lips to mine as his palm gently cups the back of my head. He presses a little harder, opening his mouth slightly as the rush of his warm breath sends another surge between my legs. It's glorious and stimulating and I don't want it to stop. His hands begin to move to my torso, rubbing my back as his delicious tongue dances with mine.

I want more.

I need more.

Suddenly he pulls back and takes in a deep breath, like he's coming up for air.

"We must be careful." he whispers, still out of breath. "We have not been officially joined."

Pushing back the heavy blanket of lust still draped over me, I finally manage to hear his words and open my eyes.

"Wait, do you mean, like..." I pause to wrap my brain around it. "Get married?" I swallow, our faces only inches apart.

"If you will have me...yes."