Friends?

Mady's POV

I woke up from one of the weirdest dreams I have ever had and sat up in the bed staring around the dark room. I looked down at Niall beside me on his front with his face squashed between the two pillows. I smiled to my self and gently ran my fingers through his hair.

I decided I need some fresh air, so I kissed his forehead and skillfully slipping out of the bed with out making a sound.

I carefully tiptoed down the stairs and walked towards the kitchen. As I crossed in front of the t.v I noticed a lumpy figure sprawled out on the couch. I took a few steps closer to get a better look. Surprisingly with the limited amount of light, I saw Louis was fast asleep on the sofa.

To be honest seeing Louis on the couch broke my heart. I don't know why he would be here unless him and Eleanor's fight at the dinner table escalated when they were alone. I've seen them have plenty of fights, maybe not as bad as this one, but no matter what they always seemed to fit the pieces back together. I had my fingers crossed that they would mend this one as well, but secretly I kind of hope they won't. I know it hurts Louis to be in this kind of relationship, and when he is hurt everyone around him is hurt as well. I can tell Louis is trying to hang on to Eleanor, she is slowly/voluntarily slipping away.

I didn't want to wake him so I tip toed around him and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge just enough for my hand to fit through and grab a bottled water. I turned around and I nearly dropped the bottle. Louis dark figure was sitting straight up on the couch, although I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or in the direction of the TV

"Mady? What are you doing up." his voice was raspy and cracked in a few places.

"I could ask the same with you." I responded as I grabbed him a water too and head over to the couch.

he shrugged, "Couldn't sleep. Now you?"

"Weird dream." I answered placing the open bottle in his hands. He took a sip and then stared straight ahead. "What's the real reason your out here?" I pushed. I already knew the answer, but I just had to hear him confirm it.

Those seven little words struck a major chord in Louis. He covered his mouth with his hand and broke out into tears. His whole body was shaking and he couldn't move. I put the lid on my drink and took his out of his hand to do the same with his bottle. I sat them on the coffee table and pulled the shaking boy into my arms.

He rapped his arms around my waist as I gently rocked us back and forth trying to calm him. His head was on my chest soaking it with tears, but I didn't mind. He just needed someone to hold him and I was glad to be that someone. I whispered sweet nothings in his ear trying to get him to control his breathing. I took quite some time, but it finally got close enough to normal. His grip on me had tightened as I ran my hand over his hair smoothing down the fly-a-ways.

"She cheated." His voice was barely above a whisper.

"With Max." I could him start falling apart in my arms.

"Again."

His voice cracked as he erupted back into tears. I pulled him closer, tighter, and ran my hand over his hair again.

"I'm so sorry," I kissed his forehead, "You don't deserve this." I whispered as I rocked back and forth. I felt his hand tighten into fist around of my shirt.

The last thirty minutes I have been rocking Louis carefully back to sleep. Well, I didn't know I was until I felt his breathing go back to normal and his quiet whimpering stop. I didn't want to move, but I'm sure If we stayed like this all night he would wake up with a neck cramp and Niall would get suspicious about why I was down here and-