5: MARY

"They're here!" I squeal in excitement. Its Thursday, the day our new sister comes.

"Chill Dylan" the boys say but its obvious they're trying to hide their excitement too.

I open the door, a huge smile on my face but it drops when I see who's at the door.

Kendall (Chase's girlfriend), Dana (Zach's girlfriend), Alexis (Jayden's girlfriend), and Sophie (Cameron's girlfriend) all stand at the door.

"Oh, you guys" I say disappointedly.

"Tone down your excitement would ya?" Dana drawls sarcastically.

I sigh and let them in, "I'm sorry, its just that I've been on edge lately"

They nod understandingly, "that's why we're here to show our support"

"Thanks guys"

They do all the lovey dovey stuff with their boyfriends while Mason and I gag.

Soon enough, we're all settle down watching TV when the bell rings.

I fly off my spot to open the door, everyone behind me. We all shoot each other nervous smiles, any one would think we were meeting the president not a seven year old orphan.

I open the door and for the second time, my smile dies when I see only Roman standing at the door.

"You all look pretty cheerful" he notes our clear disappointment with a raised brow.

"Where is she?" Chase asks.

He points to his leg and we all look down to see a little girl clutching the back of his leg.

She has the most beautiful brown skin and gorgeous big brown eyes. Eyes which are right now brimming with tears. She is scared.

I crouch to her level and smile, "hi Mary"

She let's out a small whimper and hides behind Roman's legs.

He smiles apologetically, "she has to get used to the idea of six of you, she's barely understood that her parents are gone.

We nod understandingly. I feel for her, I never met my parents, I only grew up with stories of them, but she met them and loved them and now their gone.

***

"So where do you want this?" Alexis holds up a pretty green dress for Mary to see, but she just stares ahead of her, like she's been doing for the past three hours.

Five of us are arranging her closet and attempting to get a word out of Mary but with no success.

There's a knock on the door and Chase pops his head in, "hey guys, how about a pizza?"

We all agree and place our orders.

Soon enough, we finish arranging Mary's closet and we take her downstairs. She doesn't say a word, just follows us everywhere.

We all sit in the family room, talking about stuff and trying our hardest to include Mary in the conversation but to no avail.

When the pizza arrives, Mason gets up to take the order. He comes back, balancing six pizza boxes and a bag of drinks.

You'd think as a spy he'd be smooth and agile on his feet. But nope, my goofy brother has to go and trip on the edge of the carpet, sending all the pizza boxes flying in all directions.

We all stare at him in shock. Then about three seconds later we all burst into hysterical laughter.

Out of the booming voices of the guys and the softer ones of the girls there's a different laughter, softer and musical. When we all realise, we stop laughing so only Mary's laughter is filling the air.