9: NEVER BE A THERAPIST

"Hey"

I cringe at the sound of his voice. I take unnecessary time taking books out of my locker and closing it before I turn to face Ethan.

"Hi Ethan" I greet him, deliberately avoiding his eyes.

"Dylan look at me"

I sigh and raise my head to meet his eyes, "happy?"

He smirks, "very"

I'm actually relieved that things aren't awkward like I expected.

"So can I come over today?" He asks hopefully.

I frown, "why?"

He rolls his eyes, "I'm tutoring you remember?"

"Seriously? You still want to tutor me? Ethan I told you, it's hopeless"

He shrugs, "you might think so, but I don't"

"Ethan I'm dy-"

"Dyslexic I know but that means nothing. You just have to work harder than the rest of them and I know you can do that Dylan" he tells me with such sureness I actually believe him.

"You really think so?"

He nods and smiles and I can't help thinking how beautiful his smile is. "Yeah I do"

***

"Earth to Dylan" I blink when Sophie snaps her fingers in front of my face to get my attention.

"What?" I groan.

She raises an eyebrow, "Zach just ate your fries and you didn't kill him"

"Yeah but we should all just- WHAT!?" I turn to glare at Zach who just smiles sheepishly, "what? You didn't look  like you wanted to eat it"

"You. Ate. My. Fries" I grit out while thinking of a thousand different ways to make him suffer.

His eyes widen in fear, "n-no D-Dylan i-"

I hold a hand up "save it" I glare at him, "you'll pay"

He gulps and nods "yes ma'am" causing the other guys to snicker.

There's a certain joy in making one of the worlds top spies squirm.

I sigh and go back to my burger which is now lacking fries. Idiot.

"Psst" Sophie whispers, "what got you so zoned out?"

I frown. What got me so zoned out?

"I don't know I was looking at-" I turn to see what I was looking at and frown. I was looking at Ethan?

He's at his table with his friends and they're all laughing and talking. Tammy is no doubt by his side, finding every excuse to touch him- ooh you made a joke, touch your knee, oh my fries taste awesome, touch your cheek, oh you look cute in your blue shirt, kiss your cheek.

I blink. What the hell?

"My question too"

I turn to Sophie, "did I say all that aloud?" I ask.

She nods and a small smirk forms on her lips ,"mmhmm, now you've got some explaining to do" she gives me that look and I know I'm not getting out this easy.

I glance at the boys, all absorbed in their conversations, so Sophie and I leave the cafeteria and find an empty class room.

I lock the doors and make sure there's no way anyone can eavesdrop.