36: I BLOW MY NOSE WITH HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS

Ethan Black's girlfriend.

Ethan freaking Black's freaking girlfriend.

I let out a small squeal as I lean against my front door, a near psychotic smile on my face.

"Dylan!" I wince and quickly school my expression to a somber one, remembering the shit load of trouble I'm in.

"Chase"

"Seriously?!" his face is red in anger, "You blow your cover, on purpose," he begins to list out my offences and I just sigh. "You engaged in combat in a public place, putting countless people in danger, you completely sabotaged the entire mission and caused loss of Intel and I'm damn well sure you asked for Ethan's whereabouts so you could tell him the whole truth!"

"Chase"

"Do you know how inconvenient you've made things? Extensive memory wipe and suggestive memory replacement, all so Brandon can start the mission all over again because if news of the agents' capture gets out we'll have a massacre on our hands. All because you single-handedly decided that a boy is more important than your career and life!"

"Chase!" I yell back at him, my tone matching his, "I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry. I didn't plan for any of this to happen, I wasn't thinking and I'm sorry" I breathe out, leaning back against the door.

I run my hands through my hair with a sigh, "I really like him Chase, I've lied to him, stood him up so many times, I couldn't let him go just like that"

I hear a heavy sigh and I know it's over. Chase is a huge teddy bear and can't stay mad for more than ten minutes, especially not at me.

"Come here"

I breathe a sigh of relief and I walk into his open arms, "I'm really sorry" I mumble against him.

"It's okay, the damage has been fixed, though I can't promise you won't hear from Rome and Brandon later"

I nod, "Yeah"

"So?"

I pull back to look at him "So what?"

He wiggles his eyebrows, amusement seeping into his features, "You and Ethan, do I have to give you the birds and bees talk?"

I smack his chest, "Chase!"

___

I'm suspended from field work for three weeks which really isn't much of a punishment if you ask me. I get to watch TV with Mary while my brothers get their asses whooped in Cambodia.

I also get to have Ethan over whenever I want. Like now.

"This movie sucks" he groans.

"You have bad taste" I comment, shoving popcorn into my mouth.

He turns to face me, "Says my girlfriend. Tell me, if I have bad taste then what does that make you?" he smirks mischievously and I huff, "Shut up"

In a flash, he leans forward and pecks my lips, "I enjoy having bad taste"

I roll my eyes, fighting my blush off and bury my face in his shoulder, "Whatever" I mumble as he shakes with laughter.

"Dylan!"

I groan, "Mary, is everything okay?"

"Uuhhhh"

I sigh and stand to my feet, it probably wasn't a good idea to let a seven year old make a smoothie all by herself.

I walk into the kitchen, Ethan behind me and stop to survey the kitchen.

She didn't put the top on the blender and there are chunks of strawberries and banana splattered everywhere.