42: HEART BREAK CHRONICLES

Dedicated to @idarkvampire... Sorry for making you cry at Walmart lol 🤗

***

2 hours and three minutes.

The tears have dried up in my ducts.

The pain in my chest has intensified. Is it possible to die from heart ache? I think I’m about to find out.

Six hours and thirty-two minutes.

My brothers are banging on my door, I haven’t come down since he left.

My brothers are spies, they unlock the door anyways. I don’t pay them attention, choosing to stay on the floor in a ball and they eventually leave.

Someone comes back with dinner. I don’t eat dinner.

Around midnight, Sophie comes into the room and lays on the floor with me. She holds me tight as a fresh wave of tears flow.

My heart might kill me before tomorrow morning.

Ten hours and six minutes.

I have to go to school. Sophie helps me get ready.

She doesn’t leave my side all through the day. She really is the best, I don’t have the strength to tell her though.

I ditch chemistry, I can’t face him so I head for the library. He’s there when I walk in, we think alike.

Two days, one hour and four minutes.

Tammy has taken her chance and latched herself unto him again.

It’s almost like I never existed.

She says something during lunch and laughs exaggeratedly at her own joke. He rolls his eyes and they meet mine.

For the first time since we broke up, our eyes meet. His are cold and warm at the same time, indifferent yet filled with longing. They’re red rimmed, just like mine. He hasn’t been sleeping much either.

I break my gaze before he can see how much I miss him in mine.

Four days, three hours and nineteen minutes.

Our exams timetables are out. How am I going to not fail?

Two weeks, three days, two hours and five minutes.

Chase insisted on helping me study, I’m not so sure I’ll pass but I’m not so sure I’ll fail.

Six weeks, five days, one hour and eleven minutes.

Results are out, I didn’t fail. I don’t have summer school. I won’t see him for two and a half months. I don’t have to avoid him in the halls or stop myself from watching him during lunch.

I don’t know if I’m happy or sad.

Seven weeks, one day, nine hours and fifty-two minutes.

First day of training today and for the first time in a while, he’s not in my every waking thought.

Once I stop trying not to die though, he’s back again.

Seven weeks, three days, two hours and ten minutes.

Zach trips and falls on his ass. I laugh. It feels good to laugh.

Ten weeks, four days, twelve hours, forty-nine minutes.

I burst into laughter along with Alexis as Jayden doubles over when Mary kicks him in the groin.

He’s been trying to teach her basic self-defense and she’s a fast learner.