26: LIKE A RIVERDALE MARATHON

My wandering thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the bathroom door, "Dylan! You've been in there for like thirty minutes, one of the reasons you're an awesome sister is because you don't spend more than five minutes in the bathroom" Mason groans.

I roll my eyes, "shut up, I didn't ask you to blow that guy's brains out while I was fighting him, I have blood in places blood should never be, I don't even want to talk about whatever that was I pulled out from my bra" I shudder remembering what I'm sure was a piece of brain.

"Whatever, hurry" he punctuates his sentence by banging on the door as if that'll automatically unlock it.

Idiot.

When I'm done and finally open the door, he forcefully pulls me out and bolts in.

Idiot.

When I step out, I see the rest of my brothers cooing at the laptop and I walk over to see Mary's face, almost close to tears.

"Dylan" she chokes when she sees me, "I miss you" I smile sadly, "hey baby, I miss you too. Don't worry, we'll be back tomorrow"

She sniffs, "okay, please be safe. Don't die. Please"

"Oh baby" she hates us going on missions, she's always scared we won't come back.

"We'll be fine, I promise, the hard part is over", Chase assures her, "tell you what? Tomorrow, when we're back how about we go out, have fun hmm?"

She sniffs and forces a sad smile, "okay"

"That's my girl, we love you"

"I love you too, bye"

"Bye" we all wave at the laptop till she's gone from the screen.

Zach sighs, "I'm sorry Dylan, but I think I have a new favourite sister"

I roll my eyes, "coming from my least favourite brother? I'll live"

"Hey!"

I chuckle as I lay back on the bed,  "I'm not sleeping on the floor tonight" I announce.

"But we set out a comfy air mattress for you" Cam whines.

"If it's so comfy, you use it" I kick him off the bed and make myself more comfortable.

Over the past week, we let ourselves be captured at a Russian base to rescue our equally captured colleagues and I've been sleeping on cold concrete for the past five days before the mission was complete.

"Some brothers you guys are, making the girl sleep on the floor while y'all share the big comfy bed" I sigh as I spread my self over the bed, "it's mine tonight, argue with your ancestors"

***
I'm exhausted when we get back home the next day, and fall asleep instantly.

When I wake up, it's late and there's noise coming from downstairs.

I trudge down the stairs to see my brothers, their girlfriends and Mary huddled around Chinese take out and soccer.

"How nice of you to invite me" I drawl out as I plop down on the couch.

"We knew how tired you were and how mad you get when you're woken up, sorry" Chase apologizes as he pushes a bowl of noodles in my direction.

Mary moves from her place next to Mason and climbs on top of me and curls herself into me, "hey baby"

I hug her to me, stroking her hair. "I missed you"

I smile, "me too, how was Roman's?"

She smiles wide, "he let me have ice-cream for breakfast"