6: SHE REALLY IS DUMB

"What's up with your brother today?" I ask Sophie as we watch her little brother, Aiden hit his head consistently on his locker.

She sighs, "something happened between him and Emma, and she's gone. It has been tearing him apart"

"Poor kid, they were so good together" I muse.

"Aiden!" Sophie calls out. He turns to us and waves awkwardly before walking away.

Sophie sighs and we walk away to math class.

I roll my eyes when I see my math test and Miss Kepler's disapproving look. 23%

Believe it or not that's an upgrade. I won't deny the jealousy I feel when Sophie let's out an excited squeal when she sees her grade; probably an A. For once I want to know what its like to not get a D or F.

After class, I walk out before Sophie can catch up to me and I head for the girls bathroom.

I fight the tears back as I flush yet another test result I've failed. I choke on a sob as the paper goes down the drain, the blood red F taunting me, reminding me that I'm not good enough, or smart enough and I never will be.

My chest hurts with the pain. Its not fair, people like Sophie and Ethan get awesome grades without sweating it but no matter how hard I slave its never good enough.

I curse when a tear slides down my face and I hurriedly wipe it off. I've always been a horrible crier so I'd rather not look like a zombie in the middle of the school day.

My phone beeps with a text from Sophie

Sophie 11:43 -Dylan are you okay? You practically sprinted out of class

I'm fine Soph I'll see you at lunch

When I leave the bathroom, I walk right into two people.

Ethan and Tammy.

The expressions they are sporting are so different. Ethan looks like seeing me is a pleasant surprise and his eyes light up. Tammy on the other hand looks like she wants to stab me with the heel of her Louboutins.

"Dylan" Ethan says in a friendly tone resulting in a glare from Tammy. Cool it bitch you guys aren't even dating.

I force a smile "hi and bye" and with that I walk away. I still feel eyes on my back and when I turn to confirm, steel grey eyes find mine.

***

"Be normal for once would ya" I huff when Zach and Jayden start doing the cha cha slide in the middle of the cafeteria, effectively attracting everyone's attention. Cam and Sophie on the other hand hoot loudly and Mason just picks at his food which is weird cause he loves all kinds of food.

"Mase" I call out, "what's wrong" he glares at me and looks down again. I frown at his hair and fold my arms.

I nudge Sophie, "I'm heading to the courtyard for some fresh air" I tell her. She takes a break from her cheering on the two eggheads, something the whole cafeteria is doing, to nod and tell me to be on time for chemistry.

I don't head to the garden, instead, I find myself in the bleachers.

I'm looking out in the field, lost in my own thoughts when someone seats beside me.